TV Home Forum

BBC 1 | Daily Kitchen

(April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
A new daily cookery show is to air from 13th April. This will help all of us to learn during lockdown!

Bravo!

BR
Brekkie
Always thought they should move this to weekdays then get proper Saturday morning TV back on BBC1.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Something to finally take Homes Under the Hammer out of that slot
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm amazed the BBC haven't given Jack Monroe her own cookery show before, and in the right slot it could work.

However I think this daily show is absolutely the wrong slot for her. I find she has little in the way of charisma and her recipes have a very middle class interpretation of cooking on a budget. Things like carrot cake rice pudding and brie and bacon risotto. There's also no escaping how politically charged she is.

I have a feeling this will be handing viewers to This Morning on a plate. But we'll see what they do with it.
DV
dvboy
Something to finally take Homes Under the Hammer out of that slot

Homes under the Hammer still in the schedule sadly, following Daily Kitchen.
JA
JAS84
Shorter I assume (two properties instead of three?) as otherwise there'd only a 15 minute gap between Hammer and Bargain Hunt.
JO
Jonwo
Always thought they should move this to weekdays then get proper Saturday morning TV back on BBC1.

Kids TV doesn’t rate these days so it’ll never happen
BA
bilky asko
However I think this daily show is absolutely the wrong slot for her. I find she has little in the way of charisma and her recipes have a very middle class interpretation of cooking on a budget. Things like carrot cake rice pudding and brie and bacon risotto. There's also no escaping how politically charged she is.

You do realise that the recipes actually come from her own experience of having to live on a tiny budget? You need to direct that criticism towards Jamie Oliver...
AS
AlexS
JAS84 posted:
Shorter I assume (two properties instead of three?) as otherwise there'd only a 15 minute gap between Hammer and Bargain Hunt.

Schedule currently shows Daily Kitchen 10-10:45 then homes under the hammer 10:45-11:45 which leaves the typical 11:45-12:15 slot free for something else (night force for the first week).
WH
Whataday Founding member
You do realise that the recipes actually come from her own experience of having to live on a tiny budget?

I would have thought I'd said enough to show that I am aware of who Jack Monroe is. That doesn't mean her ideas aren't incredibly middle class.
:-(
A former member
You do realise that the recipes actually come from her own experience of having to live on a tiny budget?

I would have thought I'd said enough to show that I am aware of who Jack Monroe is. That doesn't mean her ideas aren't incredibly middle class.

Agree with what you’re saying. Her entire audience is people on Twitter who work in London pretending they’re poor, I don’t see that having mass appeal.
Brekkie and Whataday gave kudos
JA
JAS84
AlexS posted:
JAS84 posted:

Schedule currently shows Daily Kitchen 10-10:45 then homes under the hammer 10:45-11:45 which leaves the typical 11:45-12:15 slot free for something else (night force for the first week).
Contrary to that tweet, which says Daily Kitchen is on until 11. You'd think the host would know how long his show is!

Newer posts