TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Just to pick-up on one point regarding the relevance of a detailed weather forecast at the moment.

Don’t forget, whilst the vast majority of us are currently at home and feel that a weather forecast is presently superfluous, there are still essential service workers and farmers who still need to know what the weather is going to be like, and who rely heavily on such information even if we at home don’t really need it.

There is a little bit of domestic merit for the weather. Folk who have storage heating, this time of year, need a 24-36hr heads up on the temperature, to avoid over or under cooking their systems.
SP
Spencer

If Paxman can present the weather so can Piers.

Probably not the best argument, he did it under so much duress that they pulled the item completely

The Channel 4 News presenters might be a better example. Until Liam Dutton was employed as a dedicated weather presenter, they always read the weather, and they still do when Liam’s off.
CH
chris
Back on the topic of Lorraine - it seems that her slot at 9am is effectively her show

Is there a reason why they couldn’t just brand it Lorraine and just present it from the GMB studio?
NA
natoswald
Susanna mentioned that both her and Piers would be presenting tomorrow.
chris posted:
Back on the topic of Lorraine - it seems that her slot at 9am is effectively her show

Is there a reason why they couldn’t just brand it Lorraine and just present it from the GMB studio?

I'm guessing to manage the expectation of it being news-led, as opposed to the usual Lorraine stuff?
AS
Ash101
chris posted:

Have I missed why Piers has now stopped doing the 9-10 hour?
RN
Rolling News
chris posted:

Because he was fed up with Lorraine trying to talk over him and take over the show.
NA
natoswald
chris posted:

Because he was fed up with Lorraine trying to talk over him and take over the show.

Such an awfully rude woman.
TV
TVViewer256

Where on earth did you get that? No one knows the reason, 'Rolling News' that comment has no evidence to base it on. Stop speculating. Lorraine seems like a lovely person - spreading rumours isn't helpful.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Where on earth did you get that? No one knows the reason, 'Rolling News' that comment has no evidence to base it on. Stop speculating. Lorraine seems like a lovely person - spreading rumours isn't helpful.

Think they were being sarcastic. Piers was talking over Lorraine when they presented together.
SL
Shaun Linden
Just to state the obvious, there was no way Susanna was ever going to be shunted at 9am for Lorraine to join Piers.
cmthwtv, LondonViewer and natoswald gave kudos
DK
DanielK
Lorraine hit the mark so well that they had to fade to 2nd shot during the closer...

Newer posts