The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JV
James Vertigan Founding member

AP
AndrewPSSP

I can't see the point of recording both George's webcam video, and him recording the interview. Get well soon to George, though.
GO
gottago

I can't see the point of recording both George's webcam video, and him recording the interview. Get well soon to George, though.

So they can easily cut the interview down without dodgy cuts or too much of Sophie nodding.
RN
Rolling News
Have World been taking the One, Six and Ten?

I’m not sure about the bulletins but I think they’ve simulcast 2-6pm this afternoon for the first time on a weekday.

No BBC World News are not taking the BBC1 bulletins at One, Six or Ten nor were they simulcasting this afternoon as Yalda Hakim was presenting on BBC World News.

As per above the channels simulcast between 10:00-13:00, 19:00-22:00 (except 20:30-21:00), and generally the first half-hour between 23:00 and 06:00.

Who is mainly presenting on World between 06:00-10:00 and 13:00-19:00?

I only thought they were simulcasting the afternoon as Reeta Chakrabarti wasn't giving time checks on the News Channel.
GI
ginnyfan
From 6 to 10 it's mainly Sally Bundock while in the afternoons I've seen Yalda Hakim the most.
MA
Markymark
I see from the government conference today that Robert Peston can't afford a lamp shade in his study
AN
Andrew Founding member
I see from the government conference today that Robert Peston can't afford a lamp shade in his study

I noted his roll up banners with his name on behind him, then I remembered they’ll be for his show tonight, not just because he wants to brand his appearances.

The fact that millions of people are now watching a nightly PowerPoint presentations with graphs and charts is amusing.
MA
Markymark

I noted his roll up banners with his name on behind him, then I remembered they’ll be for his show tonight, not just because he wants to brand his appearances.

The fact that millions of people are now watching a nightly PowerPoint presentations with graphs and charts is amusing.

Yes. BBC totally OTT with their branding, and even managed to obscure it with their own equally OTT graphics🙈. Hoisted by their own pertard
MO
Mouseboy33
KING 5 - NBC 5 Seattle - Well homecasting has been taken to another level. Presenter Jake Whittenburg erected a KING5 backdrop on one wall of his home featuring the KING5 logo. Interesting
BA
bilky asko
KING 5 - NBC 5 Seattle - Well homecasting has been taken to another level. Presenter Jake Whittenburg erected a KING5 backdrop on one wall of his home featuring the KING5 logo. Interesting

That's just his standard wallpaper, he also has the branded underwear.
MA
Markymark
KGM presenting C4 News from home, with a very convincing moving backdrop of ITN's atrium!
RD
RDJ
KGM presenting C4 News from home, with a very convincing moving backdrop of ITN's atrium!

Is he just sat in front of his telly? It looks quite good!

Newer posts