The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
It feels like they all live in the same apartment.

It could be. I see a bureau having limited resources to send everyone home with a camera. But setting up a camera and lighting an apartment where there maybe a camera operator and only the anchor could be doable.
HE
headliner101
Not seen this before, CNN promoting their online 'live stream' for UK viewers during The Situation Room where the flipper usually airs during taped programming. Unless things have changed, CNN has one EMEA feed so it would mean a message for UK viewers going out across EMEA

*[/quote]

For UK viewers who are interested, the URL is written on the space reserved for flippers: CNN.com/watchliveuk. It's probably a simulcast of the CNNgo feed but does not contain any ads.
NZ
nznewser
Not seen this before, CNN promoting their online 'live stream' for UK viewers during The Situation Room where the flipper usually airs during taped programming. Unless things have changed, CNN has one EMEA feed so it would mean a message for UK viewers going out across EMEA

For UK viewers who are interested, the URL is written on the space reserved for flippers: CNN.com/watchliveuk. It's probably a simulcast of the CNNgo feed but does not contain any ads.[/quote]

Also notable - viewers in the APAC region have not (as you'd expect) had the flipper promo for the UK live stream. During QMB we had the usual no flipper, and I noticed that The Lead was running the US ticker, when normally it shows the standard CNNI ticker.
RK
Rkolsen
I’ve noticed back half hours on World News (such as the second half hour of BBC World News America) and during the mornings at 6AM BST when there’s would be a business report. Guess they’re really cutting back.
JW
JamesWorldNews
I’ve noticed back half hours on World News (such as the second half hour of BBC World News America) and during the mornings at 6AM BST when there’s would be a business report. Guess they’re really cutting back.

In a very deep voice: “This.......is CNN”.
watchingtv, WW Update and whoiam989 gave kudos
RK
Rkolsen

Crap. This is what happens when you have multiple tabs open.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Crap. This is what happens when you have multiple tabs open.

No worries, Ryan. We knew what you meant anyway.
BA
bakamann
Did CNN Domestic decided to give the Early Start hours to CNN International due to physical distancing? Looks like Christine Romans is still up early, since she was being interviewed by Robin Kurnow about the markets during COVID-19.
HE
headliner101
Domestic has a fairly irregular daytime schedule. For instance Wolf and Anderson appear during the middle of the day and it's sometimes unclear what's the name of the show Anderson presents at 18.00 UK time.

Also, is the London bureau closed (physically off-limits to staff) since every London-based show is presented from a presenter's home (Amanpour, Hala's show)?
GI
ginnyfan
Richard is broadcasting from his roof right now. He's got a great background, the real version of what they use as studio background.

bkman1990 and watchingtv gave kudos
EX
excel99
Did CNN Domestic decided to give the Early Start hours to CNN International due to physical distancing? Looks like Christine Romans is still up early, since she was being interviewed by Robin Kurnow about the markets during COVID-19.

This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe the 'off-air' Early Start staff are being used to help out on other CNN/US shows, and CNNI staff from shows not currently on air are helping out with the extra CNN(I) Newsroom that is replacing Early Start? Or in other words, Early Start has been judged the most easily 'sacrificed' domestic content and CNNI have been asked to 'fill the gap'?
Last edited by excel99 on 2 April 2020 8:17pm
LO
LivefromORL
Brooke Baldwin has tested positive for Covid-19. Can’t be long until CNN New York is shuttered for a deep clean.

Newer posts