The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SW
Steve Williams
Yes, the newsroom and gallery are in the Peel wing, along with BBC Radio London.

As seen in the report about how they were making the programme the other day.

As mentioned, they're still broadcasting at other times of the day, presumably the idea is that by merging at lunchtime there are extra people and facilities at NBH that can be used for the national news.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes, the newsroom and gallery are in the Peel wing, along with BBC Radio London.

As seen in the report about how they were making the programme the other day.

As mentioned, they're still broadcasting at other times of the day, presumably the idea is that by merging at lunchtime there are extra people and facilities at NBH that can be used for the national news.

Yes, they have very few of their 'own' operations people as they're part of the wider department servicing all the BH studios and programmes.
ST
Stuart
It looks as though domestic BBC News have given up masking the 'World News' logo when showing commercial break fillers during the night time simulcasts. However, the sting back in to the programme still just has the UK version. Surely it's time to drop the pretence and just label it as 'World News' for the time being?

JW
JamesWorldNews
Quote:
Surely it's time to drop the pretence and just label it as 'World News' for the time being?

Or permanently, why not!

(I mean the overnight simulcasts).
IT
Ittr
It looks as though domestic BBC News have given up masking the 'World News' logo when showing commercial break fillers during the night time simulcasts. However, the sting back in to the programme still just has the UK version. Surely it's time to drop the pretence and just label it as 'World News' for the time being?

I don't think they were masking it even before the Reith refresh occurred. I can only imagine this came about in 2015 when WN dropped the breakfiller for "This Week in History".
ST
Stuart
We don't often get to actually see Trundle Cam . . .

JO
Jon
I can understand why. It breaks the illusion that the newsroom goes on forever.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Zeinab Badawi - News Presenter. Blimey! Zeinab hasn’t presented the news for about six years or so! HardTalk, yes. But not the news, IIRC.
RK
Rkolsen

I’ve been meaning to ask when they use the trundle cam backdrop on in the various studios was that video shot by the trundle cam as setup or was a different camera used to provide a higher resolution and aspect ratio shot?
WO
Worzel

I’ve been meaning to ask when they use the trundle cam backdrop on in the various studios was that video shot by the trundle cam as setup or was a different camera used to provide a higher resolution and aspect ratio shot?

No, it was shot on the opposite side of the newsroom, I would assume using some sort of wide angle lens.
RN
Rolling News

No it was a different camera - you can see the trundle cam in the background on the left.
TV
TVInfoSource
Wouldn’t it make more sense for Newsnight to come from Studio C to avoid the newsroom being in the background and let The Papers and BBC News (11pm) come from Studio E as they would then be able to carry on The Papers as normal with the AR graphics and all the right theme pieces. It also makes sense to have the real newsroom backdrop rather than the fake pre-recorded one for the news bulletin. Thoughts?

Newer posts