TV Home Forum

BBC World Service Television/Prime/Entertainment

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Caly123

I worked in presentation for World and Prime 1998-2003, so that’s when my knowledge is rooted.

CBBC PRIME
The kids links were recorded in TC9 and previously Pres A and delivered weekly (I think) on tape. Prime presentation was also in TV Centre at the time I worked there. There were also generic links which were used for episode or schedule changes, plus they may have been all generic at the weekend. It’s a long time ago now! I think when cbbc and CBeebies launched in the U.K., prime rebranded as well but I don’t recall if it was just CBBC branded with CBeebies programming ..? There was no live simulcasting that I remember.

It was the former! Here's an example from early 2006:

http://ppfiles.meldrum.co.uk/files/mp4/Prime.wmv.mp4

I was watching the video for the CBBC bit, which was the 2005-2007 set by the way and I'm surprised that CBBC Prime still had pre-school shows (Balamory, Teletubbies (mentioned) and Tweenies (mentioned) in the video) dispite CBeebies being around at the time.
TM
ToasterMan

I worked in presentation for World and Prime 1998-2003, so that’s when my knowledge is rooted.

CBBC PRIME
The kids links were recorded in TC9 and previously Pres A and delivered weekly (I think) on tape. Prime presentation was also in TV Centre at the time I worked there. There were also generic links which were used for episode or schedule changes, plus they may have been all generic at the weekend. It’s a long time ago now! I think when cbbc and CBeebies launched in the U.K., prime rebranded as well but I don’t recall if it was just CBBC branded with CBeebies programming ..? There was no live simulcasting that I remember.

I was watching the video for the CBBC bit, which was the 2005-2007 set by the way and I'm surprised that CBBC Prime still had pre-school shows (Balamory, Teletubbies (mentioned) and Tweenies (mentioned) in the video) dispite CBeebies being around at the time.

CBBC moved out of TC9 and 10 in December 2006, which I assume is when the CBeebies name was introduced on Prime.
CA
Caly123

CBBC moved out of TC9 and 10 in December 2006, which I assume is when the CBeebies name was introduced on Prime.

What set was used during the video?
TM
ToasterMan

What set was used during the video?

Hard to say... my bets are TC9, CBBC One after 2004 shifted between TC10 and TC9 for the closing links of the day, although the set designs are pretty much indistinguishable from each other. I know CBBC Two was TC10 only, while TC9 became the home for the CBBC Channel.
JO
Joe
No, it’s TC10 here. TC9 and 10 had quite different sets at the time of that video.
FO
FanOfTV99
I wonder what time BBC Prime showed CBBC?

It looks like it was in the morning as people say BBC Learning was on in the overnight slot and before CBBC was BBC Learning. I might be wrong here.
TM
ToasterMan
I wonder what time BBC Prime showed CBBC?

It looks like it was in the morning as people say BBC Learning was on in the overnight slot and before CBBC was BBC Learning. I might be wrong here.

You're right in that it aired in the morning after BBC Learning, I believe they also a mid-afternoon strand that was essentially the same programming repeated with different links.
CA
Caly123
Did they ever air ChuckleVision, Arthur or Rugrats on CBBC Prime?
MI
TheMike
Yes, Chucklevision did once appear on Prime.

CBBC aired around 0730-0900 and again around 1600-1730 CET in the very beginning, before starting earlier once the 0700 morning news simulcast with World was axed. In the end, children's programmes were only shown in the morning.

Newer posts