The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
Could Lyse be on the afternoon presenting shift? unlikely

Nope, it's Rachel Schofield

Nothing against Rachel Schofield, but never have my hopes been so deflated as reading this reply to a post.

According to Kate Silverton’s tweet, she claims she is on air from 4pm which means they’ll take Rachel off air mid shift and 30 mins into the News Special. Absolutely ridiculous.

I
AS
AlexS

Nothing against Rachel Schofield, but never have my hopes been so deflated as reading this reply to a post.

According to Kate Silverton’s tweet, she claims she is on air from 4pm which means they’ll take Rachel off air mid shift and 30 mins into the News Special. Absolutely ridiculous.

At the time Kate tweeted the news special was scheduled to start at 16:15 so Kate was presumably sheduled to do the same as Mishal did on Sunday. I expect Kate will either go on air at 15:30 or only do the bulletins.
RN
Rolling News

I

They could have just got Shaun to stay in for an extra hour and half before Kate started the News Special. A bit unfair on Rachel to be brought in when unneeded at the present time.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

I

They could have just got Shaun to stay in for an extra hour and half before Kate started the News Special. A bit unfair on Rachel to be brought in when unneeded at the present time.

She will probably be used after the news special to be fair
DV
dvboy

I

The special was brought forward at fairly short notice.
WM
WMD
English Regions politics programmes folded into a single Salford-based Politics England from tomorrow, to safeguard the weekday 6:30 magazines.
BBC London and BBC South East continue to share a lunchtime bulletin from Tunbridge Wells from Monday.
IS
Inspector Sands
Although I think Politics <region> takes a break for Easter soon anyway
MI
m_in_m
WMD posted:
English Regions politics programmes folded into a single Salford-based Politics England from tomorrow, to safeguard the weekday 6:30 magazines.
BBC London and BBC South East continue to share a lunchtime bulletin from Tunbridge Wells from Monday.

Does that mean the programme will believe using the Breakfast team and Nina present?
LX
lxflyer

Nothing ‘faux’ about it. And why would I need ‘be careful’. It’s my opinion and I believe it to be valid, so please be respectful Brekkie or we’ll end up wearing special badges again.

Chill out lad

And the point of your reply was? A total waste of time.

Frankly I think a lot of hot air was expended this afternoon here for nothing.

Rachel Schofield returned to present on the News Channel after the special.

It was quite clear that Kate was doing the special and the BBC1 bulletins today which is a shift in itself aside from the News Channel.

Really these repeated rants are getting tiresome.
LL
London Lite Founding member
WMD posted:

Does that mean the programme will believe using the Breakfast team and Nina present?

I can't remember the presenter's name, but there has been a male presenter covering Politics NW recently for Nina.
SQ
SierraQuebec
WMD posted:

I can't remember the presenter's name, but there has been a male presenter covering Politics NW recently for Nina.

Phil McCann has been covering Politics NW. ‘Politics England’ will be presented by Roger Johnson I believe.
JW
JamesWorldNews
dvboy posted:

The special was brought forward at fairly short notice.

^ This.

Newer posts