Mass Media & Technology

NOW TV

Now just er...NOW. (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
I think NOW TV has joined the throttling group, definate quality issues, or else their servers are being hammered and can't cope tonight.
IN
Interceptor
The main thing I've noticed is the annoying pre-roll un-skipable trails seem to have been binned. I'm not sure if that's a bandwidth saving thing.
AJ
AJ
Many of those trails were for sporting events, so are now redundant.
LL
London Lite Founding member
NOW TV has worked fine for me this evening.
IN
Interceptor
AJ posted:
Many of those trails were for sporting events, so are now redundant.

Many weren't though, and are still not being played.
DV
DVB Cornwall
There must have been some throttling going on somewhere on the distribution network, I was getting a DL rate of 71Mbps last night and the NOWTV service was horribly puddly. Tonight with a similar DL rate of 70Mbps. There's no issues so far.
LL
In an email from NOW TV regarding the Coronavirus, they're adding National Geographic to the Entertainment Pass from "early April", presumably this has been achieved as part of the Disney/Sky deal recently.
DV
DVB Cornwall
In an email from NOW TV regarding the Coronavirus, they're adding National Geographic to the Entertainment Pass from "early April", presumably this has been achieved as part of the Disney/Sky deal recently.

According to BT it's a swap out for NG Wild no net addition. Unlike the new incoming services, which will be additions.
TT
TellyTime

As well as Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature and Sky History all launching on NOW TV.
TT
TellyTime
According to BT, the HD version of FOX is coming to NOW TV on 1st April.

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/Upcoming-changes-to-channels/m-p/2018403#M20690

FOX was the only 'Entertainment Pass' channel not available in HD.
LL

According to BT it's a swap out for NG Wild no net addition. Unlike the new incoming services, which will be additions.

At a guess, Sky Nature will fill the Nat Geo Wild void.
TT
TellyTime
National Geographic has replaced Nat Geo Wild on NOW TV.

81 series/documentaries is a very good selection.

Mars (Seasons 1 and 2) are both included, but no sign of Genius or The Hot Zone.

Quite a bit of crossover with the content on Disney+

Newer posts