« Topics
Rich Tea688 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
Someone has got a very sick sense of humour by scheduling the film Contagion on ITV2 this evening.

This is surely misreading the mood of the nation.

Friend of mine's watching it. Just described it to me via Facebook Messenger as, and I quote, "a genius bit of scheduling". Providing a level of topicality you seldom get in a film if nothing else.

The thought process among my household is far removed from that view. It's basically - Why watch a fictional film about a global pandemic when we are observing/enduring the real thing in the real world affecting each and every one of us directly as we speak.

Who needs fiction when you've got the real deal, in a nutshell.
JAS844,499 posts since 26 Aug 2010 Recently warned
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Someone has got a very sick sense of humour by scheduling the film Contagion on ITV2 this evening.

Seriously, it's uncanny how similar that film's events are to real life. Shocked Someone nine years ago when it was made must've been a prophet.

Ultimately I assume in such films the virus is defeated, so maybe that is what people need to see.
Yes, the ending is that a vaccine or cure is created.
Whataday10,617 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today

As has been said, it's one of the most requested on-demand movies at the moment so I'm afraid it's you miscalculating the demand for such content during times such as this.
all new Phil gave kudos
davidhorman2,366 posts since 8 Mar 2005
Channel Channel Islands

As has been said, it's one of the most requested on-demand movies at the moment so I'm afraid it's you miscalculating the demand for such content during times such as this.

It's possible for something to be both in demand and in bad taste, athough I don't necessarily agree that's the case here.

A terror attack might lead to a spike in interest in Four Lions but it'd be likely to be pulled if it was scheduled for broadcast soon after.
Rich Tea and Brekkie gave kudos
Capybara184 posts since 24 Jul 2018
Granada North West Today
Seriously, it's uncanny how similar that film's events are to real life. Shocked Someone nine years ago when it was made must've been a prophet.

If you think somebody there was a prophet, you should see the Korean 2018 series that's been doing the rounds on the Internet, because it predicted the Coronavirus with surprising accuracy. It's called My Secret Terrius, and it's on Netflix, although I don't know if they will have removed it by this point:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/my-secret-terrius-netflix-coronavirus-prediction-south-korea-a9429021.html
Aspiring continuity announcer.
Thistle49 posts since 26 Oct 2019
BBC Scotland has dropped their daytime schedule for the foreseeable. They show education programmes from 10am to 11am and then revert back to SCOTSUS (the never ending repeating barker). They then come out of SCOTSUS for FM's statement roughly 12:30pm till 1:15pm and then revert back to SCOTSUS until 7pm. After that, channel runs as normal.
SOL gave kudos
JCB2,116 posts since 21 Sep 2004
Well Contagion got 920k for its first part last night so they were clearly onto something scheduling it when they did.

The only thing worse than wall to wall news is wall to wall "feel good TV" which is apparently what we're all demanding. There's only so much faux sunshine and smiles people can take before it becomes nauseating and clearly, for some, that is already the case.
all new Phil gave kudos
thegeek5,360 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
BBC Scotland has dropped their daytime schedule for the foreseeable. They show education programmes from 10am to 11am and then revert back to SCOTSUS (the never ending repeating barker). They then come out of SCOTSUS for FM's statement roughly 12:30pm till 1:15pm and then revert back to SCOTSUS until 7pm. After that, channel runs as normal.

It looks like they're also repeating Still Game from the beginning, starting tonight.
rob gave kudos