« Topics
Inspector Sands14,494 posts since 25 Aug 2004
A lovely thing all round, nice to know it was well observed in some areas. Good to see so many channels covering it in one way or another.

Don't think we had anything here, we couldn't as we'd just got the kids to bed and didn't dare. A bit of a shame it wasn't in the daytime as they'd have made a lot of noise!
Rich Tea701 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
Exactly - the ITV News report earlier had people out in their street standing next to their neighbours. Nice idea but sadly may cause more cases. Thankfully in my street people stays in their houses.

ITV handled it with a very brief round of applause and hashtag in the ident into Emmerdale - almost would have been better not to do it.

There was plenty of clapping noise in my cul-de-sac and nobody standing close together at all, infact most of those doing the applause couldn't be seen but just heard, and it was as good if not better than what I saw on TV, and my road didn't have any TV cameras watching us as far as I know.

On a side note, on Channel 4 News it was all very well the reporter going to various homes with her extended 2 metre long microphone to speak to people at their doors but when she spoke to one family at length it looked absolutely daft as all 5 members crowded into the door frame huddled together and were literally caressing each other during the interview.
thegeek5,363 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
Surprised the journalists in the BBC Newsroom didn't join in (2 metres apart of course). Could've used the trundle cam!

Channel 4 had a camera inside GIR showing staff neatly spaced in the atrium.
It was concert loud here in the Olympic Village, it was really quite something. Amazing stuff.

Unexpectedly loud in our street too, including a few saucepans.
Stuart7,482 posts since 13 Oct 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
On a side note, on Channel 4 News it was all very well the reporter going to various homes with her extended 2 metre long microphone to speak to people at their doors but when she spoke to one family at length it looked absolutely daft as all 5 members crowded into the door frame huddled together and were literally caressing each other during the interview.

Unless someone in the household has symptoms (and needs to self isolate) there is no requirement for the '2 metre social distancing' when you all live together. It would be virtually impossible with a partner (unless you have a very large bed) or with children to care for.
mat76, bkman1990 and 3 others
  • AndrewPSSP
  • Rich Tea
  • fanoftv
gave kudos
Ne1L C1,577 posts since 11 Sep 2011
Heroes don’t wear capes and fly faster than speeding bullets. Heroes, real heroes wear smocks and heal the sick. Tonight was a night that we will never forget because tonight was a night wherein we as one nation spoke with one voice and said loud and clear

Thank You NHS.
mat76, JamesWorldNews and 2 others
  • bkman1990
  • fanoftv
gave kudos