The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
A lovely thing all round, nice to know it was well observed in some areas. Good to see so many channels covering it in one way or another.

Don't think we had anything here, we couldn't as we'd just got the kids to bed and didn't dare. A bit of a shame it wasn't in the daytime as they'd have made a lot of noise!
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:04pm
GE
thegeek Founding member
Surprised the journalists in the BBC Newsroom didn't join in (2 metres apart of course). Could've used the trundle cam!

Channel 4 had a camera inside GIR showing staff neatly spaced in the atrium.
It was concert loud here in the Olympic Village, it was really quite something. Amazing stuff.

Unexpectedly loud in our street too, including a few saucepans.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Maybe there shouldn't have been any television cameras?
ST
Stuart
On a side note, on Channel 4 News it was all very well the reporter going to various homes with her extended 2 metre long microphone to speak to people at their doors but when she spoke to one family at length it looked absolutely daft as all 5 members crowded into the door frame huddled together and were literally caressing each other during the interview.

Unless someone in the household has symptoms (and needs to self isolate) there is no requirement for the '2 metre social distancing' when you all live together. It would be virtually impossible with a partner (unless you have a very large bed) or with children to care for.
FA
fanoftv
It was a wonderful experience in my small street, I didn’t think there’d be anybody and was quite taken aback when I opened the window.
NL
Ne1L C
Heroes don’t wear capes and fly faster than speeding bullets. Heroes, real heroes wear smocks and heal the sick. Tonight was a night that we will never forget because tonight was a night wherein we as one nation spoke with one voice and said loud and clear

Thank You NHS.
MA
mapperuo
Nice to see, Would make a bit more sense when we are through this, not when we are just entering it.
NL
Ne1L C
Nice to see, Would make a bit more sense when we are through this, not when we are just entering it.

Well when we get through this I’m convinced it’ll happen again.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:04pm
NL
Ne1L C
To quote one Stone Cold Steve Austin

OH HELl YEAH!!!
bkman1990 and Brekkie gave kudos
MU
MrUdagawa
I loved how Channel Four handled it with Jon Snow saying 'we're not allowed opinions but...' and then starting to clap.
bkman1990 and Ne1L C gave kudos

Newer posts