TV Home Forum

Coronavirus | Schedule Changes

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I guess for the first time today released schedules (for w/c 4th April) will largely reflect most programme changes made due to the Coronavirus.

As for Neighbours being cut to twice a week - it hasn't been in Australia and indeed they are still filming, but following social distancing rules with no touching and wide shots which I suspect will look quite strange. Suspect when someone tries to edit it together the plug will be pulled, if it isn't forced upon them first.
JO
Jonwo
I guess for the first time today released schedules (for w/c 4th April) will largely reflect most programme changes made due to the Coronavirus.

As for Neighbours being cut to twice a week - it hasn't been in Australia and indeed they are still filming, but following social distancing rules with no touching and wide shots which I suspect will look quite strange. Suspect when someone tries to edit it together the plug will be pulled, if it isn't forced upon them first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Channel 5 is forcing both Ten and Fremantle's hand since they're the ones paying the majority of the show's production costs. Fremantle has already suspending production on an upcoming Channel 5/Ten drama so it's odd Neighbours is still filming.
SO
SOL
STV have pulled Scotland Tonight on Mon-Wed due to Covid-19 with only Thursday’s prime time programme being shown.
PE
peterh
Suggestions I think elsewhere in this forum that 10 peach is suspending neighbours until 6th April
RE
Reece24

AJ
AJB39
The same thing is happening in Ireland tonight.

JO
Josh
BBC One, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC News Channel, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Local Radio stations, Sky News and the Bauer family of radio stations will pause programming at 8pm to celebrate the NHS and other key workers.
Last edited by Josh on 26 March 2020 7:55pm
GE
thegeek Founding member
Josh posted:
BBC One, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC News Channel, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Local Radio stations, Sky News and the Bauer family of radio stations will pause programming at 8pm to celebrate the NHS and other key workers.

Jon Snow commentating on this was about as awkward as I felt standing at my front door clapping.
IS
Inspector Sands
Josh posted:

As did the stations owned by Global
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:03pm
DO
dosxuk
Isn't that one of the most streamed films on Netflix at the moment?
Whataday, TIGHazard and Jonwo gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
Someone has got a very sick sense of humour by scheduling the film Contagion on ITV2 this evening.

This is surely misreading the mood of the nation.

Friend of mine's watching it. Just described it to me via Facebook Messenger as, and I quote, "a genius bit of scheduling". Providing a level of topicality you seldom get in a film if nothing else.

Newer posts