« Topics
Brekkie33,926 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
I guess for the first time today released schedules (for w/c 4th April) will largely reflect most programme changes made due to the Coronavirus.

As for Neighbours being cut to twice a week - it hasn't been in Australia and indeed they are still filming, but following social distancing rules with no touching and wide shots which I suspect will look quite strange. Suspect when someone tries to edit it together the plug will be pulled, if it isn't forced upon them first.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 941 posts since 20 Sep 2007
I guess for the first time today released schedules (for w/c 4th April) will largely reflect most programme changes made due to the Coronavirus.

As for Neighbours being cut to twice a week - it hasn't been in Australia and indeed they are still filming, but following social distancing rules with no touching and wide shots which I suspect will look quite strange. Suspect when someone tries to edit it together the plug will be pulled, if it isn't forced upon them first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Channel 5 is forcing both Ten and Fremantle's hand since they're the ones paying the majority of the show's production costs. Fremantle has already suspending production on an upcoming Channel 5/Ten drama so it's odd Neighbours is still filming.
Josh1,257 posts since 21 Dec 2014
BBC One, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC News Channel, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Local Radio stations, Sky News and the Bauer family of radio stations will pause programming at 8pm to celebrate the NHS and other key workers.
Last edited by Josh on 26 March 2020 7:55pm
Fan of the media industry, from the UK.
thegeek5,370 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
BBC One, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC News Channel, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Local Radio stations, Sky News and the Bauer family of radio stations will pause programming at 8pm to celebrate the NHS and other key workers.

Jon Snow commentating on this was about as awkward as I felt standing at my front door clapping.
Inspector Sands14,511 posts since 25 Aug 2004

As did the stations owned by Global
DavidWhitfield777 posts since 16 Oct 2013
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Someone has got a very sick sense of humour by scheduling the film Contagion on ITV2 this evening.

This is surely misreading the mood of the nation.

Friend of mine's watching it. Just described it to me via Facebook Messenger as, and I quote, "a genius bit of scheduling". Providing a level of topicality you seldom get in a film if nothing else.
Guess who's big in the back time.
Brekkie gave kudos