The Gallery

BBC branding 2020 - 'Lowercase'

Quick 1 hour rebrand for BBC channels bringing them all in-line with the lowercase 'BBC one'. (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BI
bitxoin
The BBC Four branding in particular looks very good! And I like that you've incorporated the three bars from the Three logo into yours, but I'm not sure the typeface best shows this with its curves.

It might show up more using something like this, but with the 'h' and 'r' separated, obviously. It's still more informal than One or Two for example, but with some straight edges too.

https://theident.gallery/menu_channel_bbcthree_subsection_2008.php

Thanks for the feedback 😊 I agree, the rounded typeface I used for BBC Three was a slightly riskier choice for fitting in with the 3 bars! I loved that BBC three logo from back in 2008!!

Yeah, I'm a fan of BBC Three's idents in general, but I think the 2008 set might be my favourite.
BR
brioalex
As always, I'm so grateful for everyones comments and feedback! I think we can all agree that there are currently some BBC identities that are in dire need of some attention and love!!

I've had another play around with the BBC News, Three and Cbeebies identities this evening. I've seen a lot of feedback about 'news' being in lowercase not serious enough, which I do agree with so I've swapped it up and moved to uppercase just to see what it looks like. I also agree that with the Cbeebies identity the BBC logo should probably go underneath. The uppercase NEWS identity made me wonder what a different BBC THREE logo would look like so here's another idea too. Finally, I've had a stab at the BBC iPlayer logo just to see if I could fit it in with the rest of the theme 😊 It might need some more work though!

SH
Sh1ruba
As always, I'm so grateful for everyones comments and feedback! I think we can all agree that there are currently some BBC identities that are in dire need of some attention and love!!

I've had another play around with the BBC News, Three and Cbeebies identities this evening. I've seen a lot of feedback about 'news' being in lowercase not serious enough, which I do agree with so I've swapped it up and moved to uppercase just to see what it looks like. I also agree that with the Cbeebies identity the BBC logo should probably go underneath. The uppercase NEWS identity made me wonder what a different BBC THREE logo would look like so here's another idea too. Finally, I've had a stab at the BBC iPlayer logo just to see if I could fit it in with the rest of the theme 😊 It might need some more work though!

Would love to see what the Radio branding would look like.
BA
Ballyboy
outstanding. This would be a great look for CBeebies
bkman1990, Sh1ruba and brioalex gave kudos
BR
brioalex

Would love to see what the Radio branding would look like.

Ahh yes, I may move onto that very soon 😊
LG
Looking Glass
I think the CBeebies logo looks so much better placed with the BBC boxes underneath. I do also like the new Three, it feels like a merger of the current branding and the original light blue three (with the slugs) back in the day. In terms of consistency, it does stray from the others but I think if there’s one brand that can do it - it’s Three.

News to me is okay, I think that the project began as bringing the brand in line and the first News you had felt more in line with the modern day branding, this feels much like the recent logo change in there it’s a small and subtle difference.

The iPlayer logo also suffers the same fate in that it’s pretty close to the original just italicised. I don’t mind it but if you were looking at the play button ‘I’ as a shorthand logo it would look rather off in the italics next to the BBC logo in my opinion.

Love seeing your ideas though, keep up the good work.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, yes, yes and no. Absolutely no to that iPlayer logo. Very Happy
lukeshep, brioalex and Ittr gave kudos
BR
brioalex
Yes, yes, yes and no. Absolutely no to that iPlayer logo. Very Happy

Very Happy I think I agree with you too!
DE
deryn
what about the bbc scotland channel
BA
Ballyboy
An ident idea for bbc four. logo less like channel 5?
BK
bkman1990
I am loving your work so far. It has shown a lot of improvement in everyone of your efforts. I love the cbeebies logo design. It's my favourite part of your work to date. It really looks fantastic. The logo for BBC Three & BBC Four really looking like brilliant pieces of work as well. I like to see how the BBC Radio station logos work later on as you continue your efforts. Well done.
RE
Rexogamer
I think the iPlayer logo would look alright if the “player” icon was in the P or over the I, as is it’s just a bit messy (but everything else is wonderful work!)

Newer posts