TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Blimey, Steve! You’re treating us with Linda Mitchell, Beatrice Hollyer and Paul Newman all in that clip. That does take me back.........

Not to forget the every-so-polite Geoff Meade.
DK
DanielK
Kate Garraway presenting the 6am, Ben Shephard joining her at 6:30 and Lorraine Kelly replacing Kate at 9am.

Speculation can end now... Laughing Laughing Laughing
FO
FOX35
I don't really see why Lorraine needs a co-host.

I dont really see why we need Lorraine.
SL
Shaun Linden
Well this is a much calmer start to 9am, equal chat between Ben and Lorraine.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Well this is a much calmer start to 9am, equal chat between Ben and Lorraine.

Agreed, but does anyone else sense a frostiness between them? Not much chemistry at least. I wonder if Lorraine feels she doesn't need a co-host for this hour.
SL
Shaun Linden
I didn't sense any frostiness, it could just be jarring because I don't think they've co-presented like this before.

One can only assume this is very temporary set up because surely Susanna is not going to be ditched at 9am for Lorraine.
BS
Ben Shatliff
I'm current on a 14 day self isolation and have found Good Morning Britain very informative with the horrible crisis we as a country are going through.

Regardless of what anybody says about Piers; he gets to the point and says what a lot of the rest of us are thinking. I've seen people on Social Media agreeing with his stance this week and they don;t normally like him.

I personally think Piers is good. The best day for me so far was yesterday when Piers and Ranvir presented and both got to the point and said what the rest of us were thinking.

I think it has been fantastic to see Piers and Lorraine presenting as well as Dr Hilary Jones being a regular round the desk as well.

IMO they should ask Piers to do five days over the next few weeks. Ditch Ben and Kate and let Ranvir cover for Susannah on Fridays as well as covering for Charlotte on Wednesdays. Charlotte too has done a fantastic job. Let Piers and Lorraine continue from 9Am-10AM Mondays to Thursdays and Piers and Ranvir on Fridays.

I only watched bits today because I was unimpressed by the fluffiness of Ben and Kate. I am sorry but I have said before about the un-professionalism of Ben and Kate in the past.

Sorry for a rant but these are my own views. I just feel at times like this we need the right mix with presenters.
Barney99 and richard h gave kudos
FO
FOX35
The Lorraine segment should just be dropped completley just like Loose Women and in my opinion This Morning also. Now is certainly not the time for social light entertainment focased chit chat.
ITV should be forced to produce more PSB news content focusing on the present crisis during mid mornings with hard hitting presenters and journalists and holding the government and decision makers to account whilst educating us.
Their day time audience does not only consist of stay at home mothers and toddlers anymore. Surley ITN could produce more serious content for these times and the new demographic audience.
Daytime, light entertainment programing and presenters trying to be serious is not the answer.
AN
Andrew Founding member
That would sound like very depressing programming, solid 'hard hitting' news and nothing remotely light allowed.

Maybe they should just have Piers barking orders at government ministers all day, demanding they make up policy that works for every single scenario on the spot.
JO
Jonwo
That would sound like very depressing programming, solid 'hard hitting' news and nothing remotely light allowed.

Maybe they should just have Piers barking orders at government ministers all day, demanding they make up policy that works for every single scenario on the spot.

I do think it’s important that there is an option for viewers who want to be informed in a non newsy way and I think programmes like This Morning has done a brilliant job of conveying that message.
FO
FOX35

Well face facts, we are already in "very depressing" times. So "hard hitting" news, reporting, and holding decion makers to account is paramount now more than ever.
For those who wish to remain blinkerd, they should switch to one of the many other non PSB channels or tv players.
:-(
A former member
FOX35 posted:

Well face facts, we are already in "very depressing" times. So "hard hitting" news, reporting, and holding decion makers to account is paramount now more than ever.
For those who wish to remain blinkerd, they should switch to one of the many other non PSB channels or tv players.

This Morning are literally interviewing the Deputy Chief Medical Officer right now.

Newer posts