TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
I Am Legend, 2012, This is the End, Armageddon, Deep Impact and Shaun of the Dead were all top of Now TV's 'trending' section the other day.
CA
Capybara
And yes, while they're all high in demand on streaming platforms, a PSB broadcasting this is going to face tremendous backlash for scaremongering about the virus, trying to cause panic in the middle of a lockdown. Granted, I've never seen the film, but one would assume it still wasn't the uplifting content that the nation is demanding at the moment.
DO
dosxuk
Granted, I've never seen the film, but one would assume it still wasn't the uplifting content that the nation is demanding at the moment.

You are Mary Whitehouse and I claim my 5 sheets of toilet roll.
bilky asko and chevron gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
And yes, while they're all high in demand on streaming platforms, a PSB broadcasting this is going to face tremendous backlash for scaremongering about the virus, trying to cause panic in the middle of a lockdown. Granted, I've never seen the film, but one would assume it still wasn't the uplifting content that the nation is demanding at the moment.

One difference:
The films are fiction. We know (or we can find out) how they end and nobody (who's real anyway) dies. Plus you don't have to watch it so you can live in blissful ignorance of the (fictional) horrors fabricated on 35mm film.

Corona is different - its reality, who knows how this story is going to end, hundreds are already dead, and unless you've been living under a rock or in a cave for the last two months, its hard to be ignorant about it, but it doesn't wrap itself up after 100 minutes.
MA
Markymark
I Am Legend, 2012, This is the End, Armageddon, Deep Impact and Shaun of the Dead were all top of Now TV's 'trending' section the other day.

One thought that went through my mind on the afternoon of Sept 11 2001, was surely disaster movies
will never been shown again, never mind made !
NL
Ne1L C
I have to say I can't see "Outbreak" coming on TV screens soon.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:08pm
NL
Ne1L C
Whilst I am fully in favour of ITV getting half hour sitcoms back into prime time I am absolutely astonished at what I have just seen at 8pm with this new one called Kate & Koji. There are funnier non comedy shows out there. This must be one of the lowest points in Brenda Blethyn's career. This comedy has just had the effect of actually depressing everyone in my household who chose to watch it wanting something to smile about.

Can't say I've seen it but I've read some bad previews.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Whilst I am fully in favour of ITV getting half hour sitcoms back into prime time I am absolutely astonished at what I have just seen at 8pm with this new one called Kate & Koji. There are funnier non comedy shows out there. This must be one of the lowest points in Brenda Blethyn's career. This comedy has just had the effect of actually depressing everyone in my household who chose to watch it wanting something to smile about.

Comedy is notoriously hard to please people, which is why there is hardly any comedy on mainstream TV thesedays

This one is written by the same people who wrote Outnumbered, so that’s a strong pedigree
bilky asko and Brekkie gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
I must have been in a good mood when I watched the first episode of Kate & Koji because I quite enjoyed it. Second episode not quite as much, but still alright for a few laughs, but less consistently. Although it makes a point of being filmed in front of a live studio audience, the laughter sounded more "enhanced" and mistimed on this episode and at times was definitely too loud.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:07pm
JO
Jon

A live studio audience of what exactly.....pre-programmed androids?

At the risk of making a JAS84 style post...

No, this would have been recorded before the current social distancing policy.

Newer posts