TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Watching a bit of Spanish TV as part of my attempts to learn the language, I'm amazed to see that Antena3 are running a crawler over game shows stating that they were recorded before the current State of Alarm.

Hopefully we won't need that here?
DO
dosxuk
Watching a bit of Spanish TV as part of my attempts to learn the language, I'm amazed to see that Antena3 are running a crawler over game shows stating that they were recorded before the current State of Alarm.

Hopefully we won't need that here?

No, luckily that'll be restricted only to the oneness idents.
paul_hadley and james-2001 gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
This is off topic but is anyone listening to radio more as a way to just escape from things for a few minutes?
AndrewPSSP, BBI45 and Chyron gave kudos
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:16pm
NL
Ne1L C
Never listened to any. Smooth Northwest is being a real joy.
BR
Brekkie
This is off topic but is anyone listening to radio more as a way to just escape from things for a few minutes?

Do most of my radio listening in the car but suspect that will change. Did find towards the end of last week they were playing a more uplifting and nostalgic playlist - almost like at Christmas without the Christmas tracks.
MA
Markymark

Yes, but hours and not minutes

Not everyone's cup of tea, but Jazz FM have been excellent setting the right tone, of not pretending there's not a crisis, but at the same time having empathy
MI
Michael
Tragic 105.4 is still playing the theme tune from Armageddon every few hours.
JO
Johnr
Don't know if it has already been mentioned but this evenings One Show was down to One presenter...luckily there was someone rather used to the show as the guest Very Happy
FO
FanOfTV99
I've noticed that Sky Sports News has been recorded because of the lock down.

They've only recorded 30 minutes instead of an hour which is strange but given the fact they have no sport news to report on is the reason why.

I wonder if they'll record more tomorrow or leave it as that.
DV
dvboy
Do you mean it's a 30 min bulletin on a loop?
FO
FanOfTV99
dvboy posted:
Do you mean it's a 30 min bulletin on a loop?

Yeah

Newer posts