« Topics
noggin14,763 posts since 26 Jun 2001
According to his weekly email Martin Lewis is hosting another MSE Coronovirus special this Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV.

I wonder if programmes such as this (BBC and ITV), that are being produced with 100% PSB values should be simulcast on BBC 1 and ITV ?

I doubt ITV advertisers would be at all happy with that. ITV have to try and stay afloat somehow - diverting their audience for that show to BBC One feels like that could damage their reducing income yet further.
Brekkie gave kudos
Markymark7,779 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
According to his weekly email Martin Lewis is hosting another MSE Coronovirus special this Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV.

I wonder if programmes such as this (BBC and ITV), that are being produced with 100% PSB values should be simulcast on BBC 1 and ITV ?

I doubt ITV advertisers would be at all happy with that. ITV have to try and stay afloat somehow - diverting their audience for that show to BBC One feels like that could damage their reducing income yet further.

Most of the TV ads that are appearing now are utterly superfluous and irrelevant. I'm sure Ofcom would allow ITV to stuff the displaced ads into other slots.
JAS844,501 posts since 26 Aug 2010 Recently warned
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Crimewatch Roadshow has been dropped. BBC One still showing BBC News.

Has that not been the case all week?
I'm not saying it wasn't, but I didn't know it. If it has been that way since Monday then a) I would've thought that someone else would've posted it already, and b) you'd expect to find the correct listings when you look up the TV schedules online.
MatthewF (previously Matt14451) 223 posts since 12 Jul 2019
Central (West) Midlands Today
Crimewatch Roadshow has been dropped. BBC One still showing BBC News.

Has that not been the case all week?
I'm not saying it wasn't, but I didn't know it. If it has been that way since Monday then a) I would've thought that someone else would've posted it already, and b) you'd expect to find the correct listings when you look up the TV schedules online.

It was on the later time of 10:00 last week, not on this week
SOL859 posts since 1 Jun 2004
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Was just watching the Scottish Government update on BBC 1 Scotland and midway through it cut off and showed ITV Slough data centre testcard. Is it normal for ITV to provide broadcast services for things like that, or is it because of a lack of staff.

I could also tell there was a skeleton staff on Politics Scotland today. Lots of sound issues and the presenter making gestures to the director and talking to the gallery during an interview.
Markymark7,779 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
Was just watching the Scottish Government update on BBC 1 Scotland and midway through it cut off and showed ITV Slough data centre testcard. Is it normal for ITV to provide broadcast services for things like that, or is it because of a lack of staff.

Probably neither, could have been a third party switching error
Dave714 posts since 30 Aug 2001
BBC World News

When the reported on the Alex Sammond story he made references to how BBC, ITN and Sky were pooling resources at the moment
AndrewPSSP, SOL and Brekkie gave kudos
Inspector Sands14,483 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Things like that will be pooled, there's no point in sending two crews normally, even more reason not to at the moment.

The feed from STV will go via ITV's internal network, run by BT and go out to the BT Tower and then the BBC. A long way considering how close STV and BBC Scotland are
AndrewPSSP, SOL and Brekkie gave kudos