TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Piers Morgan has made a career of trying to whip the nation into a frenzy. He is in no position to call people moronic if they are displaying behaviour that has been nurtured by the tabloid media over decades.
TI
TIGHazard

The scenes over the weekend of people packed into supermarkets like sardines were shocking, we should have had people queuing outside 2m apart and only letting in a certain number at a time (piers pointed this out and I was sat there nodding like the churchill dog)

I can speak for Saturday, but at least on Sunday, the queues in Supermarkets were due to Sunday trading hours.

Stores would open early for NHS workers, however due to trading laws would be unable to serve customers till 10.

So you could finish your shopping at quarter past 9, and yet still have to be in a 45 minute queue.

At my local Tesco, this resulted in a 2 hour queue when they could actually serve customers.

Obviously this had a knock on effect the rest of the day.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Locally in Cornwall today the queues and shop floor management at two Supermarkets I visited were being run effectively. Once in probably the best shopping experience in a Supermarket, for the time of day, for many many years, if ever.
richard h and Brekkie gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Locally in Cornwall today the queues and shop floor management at two Supermarkets I visited were being run effectively. Once in probably the best shopping experience in a Supermarket, for the time of day, for many many years, if ever.

I see from local Facebook sites, my local Sainsburys had a queue of people all round the car park, all keeping a proper distance from each other. 10 in, 10 out, all very calm and civilised apparently
:-(
A former member
(no need to quote whole post)

I get what you mean, but what Piers (as well as yourself) is guilty of is expecting instant answers to complex questions. Some of the things the NHS, the government and others have accomplished in recent weeks is astonishing. Other things are on their way and just because you can’t see them, it doesn’t mean people aren’t working incredibly hard on them already. Do you think they’ve just clicked a finger and decided to set up a new hospital? Of course not, it has been planned for a good while (and was probably part of existing plans already before coronavirus was even heard of).

Piers is very good for pointing out injustices and scrutinising the detail and how it affects people, but he isn’t an expert. His role in all this is vital, but beware of hanging on his every word.
BA
Barney99
Anyone know the rest of the week line up? Are Piers and Lorraine on all 5 days this week?
TV
TVDP
Maybe Ben & Ranvir tomorrow.
JA
jacob_27
Anyone know the rest of the week line up? Are Piers and Lorraine on all 5 days this week?

Piers posted today about enjoying working with Lorraine this week and she gave him a card, so it looks like it was just these 3 days. Presumably Susanna will be back Wednesday next week as that should be the end of her 14 days isolation ?
BA
Barney99
TVDP posted:

I hope you're right. I am no fan of Garraway but it seems strange that one of the four main presenters is featuring so rarely while we are in the middle of the biggest news story in decades.
BA
bazinga
TVDP posted:

I hope you're right. I am no fan of Garraway but it seems strange that one of the four main presenters is featuring so rarely while we are in the middle of the biggest news story in decades.

Kate replied to someone on Instagram saying she will be presenting GMB tomorrow.
BA
Barney99
TVDP posted:

Kate replied to someone on Instagram saying she will be presenting GMB tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I guess the next question is who with?
RN
Rolling News
Lorraine said at the end today she will be back at 9 tomorrow.

Newer posts