TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JetixFann450
If we're going to be pedantic about social distancing on the Beeb, perhaps we could have a white BBC1 logo on a black background. Quick, cheap and no-ones within 2m of each other! Sorted.

(also maybe we could get the original countdown sequence back on NC? Some scense have people much too close to each other Wink)

** Smile

(if a mod could reduce the size of the image with the BBCode because I don't know how to do it on here. Many thanks)

That is seriously sombre and wouldn't really lift the mood of the public.
ID
Identity
But do the cirles idents show people social distancing, which seems to be this week's excuse for why people want Oneness scrapped? Razz

The figures on the kites ident certainly appear to be more than two metres apart (the 2009 re-edit handily cuts out the shots where people are seen to be closer together).

They have been using the idents without any people in them all together at some junctions like the mountain rescue one with no one there. Would be quite amusing if they used all of them wirh no people in them.
JO
Joe
If we're going to be pedantic about social distancing on the Beeb, perhaps we could have a white BBC1 logo on a black background. Quick , cheap and no-ones within 2m of each other! Sorted.

* Smile

Can't be that quick if it made them an hour late for the news.
Last edited by Joe on 25 March 2020 11:00am
PF
PFML84
Yeah, but if they brought back the Circles idents, the hippos would be swimming too close together so that's not gonna work
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
But do the cirles idents show people social distancing, which seems to be this week's excuse for why people want Oneness scrapped? Razz

The figures on the kites ident certainly appear to be more than two metres apart (the 2009 re-edit handily cuts out the shots where people are seen to be closer together).

They have been using the idents without any people in them all together at some junctions like the mountain rescue one with no one there. Would be quite amusing if they used all of them wirh no people in them.

Do you mean the Forest ident? Unless they have modified existing idents by CGI'ing the humans out. I am not aware of this.

Quote:
Yeah, but if they brought back the Circles idents, the hippos would be swimming too close together so that's not gonna work

Is there any published evidence that aquatic creatures are capable of catching Coronavirus if not socially distancing?

I have read dogs can catch it.
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 25 March 2020 11:04am
ID
Identity

Imagine the reaction to ‘capes’ ident 🙈😂
ID
Identity

Do you mean the Forest ident? Unless they have modified existing idents by CGI'ing the humans out. I am not aware of this.

Aah my mistake it is an ident if it’s own then?
TI
TIGHazard

Pretty sure the empty mountain rescue one is a sting, not an ident.
PF
PFML84
Around half the Circles idents are actually fine to use, so if they did re-introduce them it wouldn't set people off about social distancing.
NA
natwel27
Hippos, Neon, Mission Control, Helicopter, Dog Display, Magic Forest, Windows, Lawn Circles - all ones that should be fine to use.
FA
fanoftv
I wonder if there is footage of the locations of the current idents that may have be filmed when setting up the shooting.

Using the empty locations with a message saying stay at home could send the message home to people.
TH
Thistle
There are no plans to replace Oneness.

Newer posts