« Topics
james-20016,014 posts since 13 Sep 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
That wasn't the original SM:TV theme tune, the original was the same as the CD:UK one, but with "Wake up, Saturday" instead of "Countdown UK". Was only used for the first 3 episodes.

Also notice how the Diggin it set (10:10 on the second video) looks very much like the original SM:TV set, I always wondered if they'd dug the old SM:TV set out of storage and given it a lick of paint, they were so similar.
VMPhil10,211 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
That wasn't the original SM:TV theme tune, the original was the same as the CD:UK one, but with "Wake up, Saturday" instead of "Countdown UK". Was only used for the first 3 episodes.

Yes, I know, which is why I said 'the original version of the familiar SMTV theme'

From videos on YouTube, later episodes did not even include the 'Wake up Saturday' parts. That seems to have been removed, before the CD:UK-like theme was dropped entirely for the familiar SMTV theme.
Last edited by VMPhil on 24 March 2020 7:58pm - 3 times in total
fanoftv8,288 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today

Also notice how the Diggin it set (10:10 on the second video) looks very much like the original SM:TV set, I always wondered if they'd dug the old SM:TV set out of storage and given it a lick of paint, they were so similar.

The Diggin' It set was a redressed Studio Disney set, but SM:TV could have been the inspiration for that.

VMPhil posted:
From videos on YouTube, later episodes did not even include the 'Wake up Saturday' parts. That seems to have been removed, before the CD:UK-like theme was dropped entirely for the familiar SMTV theme.

I know that the third episode had no vocals over the titles, but unsure about the second.
Watching the clip of the 1998 episode, the music is taking me back to a happier time. I liked the simpler arrangement, a shame that it was changed so soon.

Another interesting video on Robin's channel shows a plethora of T4 links over the years (These are all making me feel very old and have me pining for my youth again)
ToasterMan, dbl and DeMarkay gave kudos
VMPhil10,211 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
From early 2006, a caption for the then-upcoming CITV Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBMP1tL-h0

Weird... This uses the old logo from 2001(?). Did they change the logo quickly before it launched?

All the ITV logos changed in January 2006, a couple of months before the channel launched, so it's possible that caption was being broadcast from sometime in late 2005