The Newsroom

Anglia/East of England News Discussion

ITV News Anglia and Look East (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Siggy posted:
Regarding Leigh it’s nice they’re starting to use reporters to present more... just a shame they can’t get on to the main programme! I get the impression they hold their talent back and don’t give them opportunities.

Leigh has done her fair share of cover for network and also on BBC London, so I don't think the BBC in Norwich are holding back talent.
MI
m_in_m
Siggy posted:
Regarding Leigh it’s nice they’re starting to use reporters to present more... just a shame they can’t get on to the main programme! I get the impression they hold their talent back and don’t give them opportunities.

Leigh has done her fair share of cover for network and also on BBC London, so I don't think the BBC in Norwich are holding back talent.

In fact Look East seems to be a very good springboard for people. Many have joined Look East and then taken roles with BBC World News and Sky.
London Lite and watchingtv gave kudos
LL
Siggy posted:

In fact Look East seems to be a very good springboard for people. Many have joined Look East and then taken roles with BBC World News and Sky.

Yes, Vanessa Baffoe is the latest from Norwich to go to Sky and I have no doubt Leigh will go national on a permanent basis too. She has an accessible delivery which goes across the age ranges.

46 days later

SI
Siggy
Becky Jago has tweeted to say a family member has developed a persistent cough so herself and household will be self isolating for 14 days.

Sounds like they’ll be live with her at 6.

https://mobile.twitter.com/beckyjagoitv/status/1239919104703815682
SI
Siggy
No Stewart White on BBC Look East this evening either... do we think this is him now stepping back for 12 weeks?
MI
m_in_m
Siggy posted:
No Stewart White on BBC Look East this evening either... do we think this is him now stepping back for 12 weeks?

It is no longer unusual for Stewart or Susie to present alone. Sometimes it will be for a few days.
AS
AlexS
Siggy posted:

It is no longer unusual for Stewart or Susie to present alone. Sometimes it will be for a few days.

Although based on the fact that neither Harry Gration or Nick Owen appear to be voluntarily off air it is likely that Stewart has also been told to not go to work.
SI
Siggy
AlexS posted:
Siggy posted:

Although based on the fact that neither Harry Gration or Nick Owen appear to be voluntarily off air it is likely that Stewart has also been told to not go to work.

That’s what I was thinking; with Harry Gration tweeting he’d been told to stay at home assumed Stewart would be in the same situation.

Albeit both Stewart/Susie regularly present alone it would have been nice for them to have explained his absence on air this evening... if he’s potentially now off screen for 10-12 weeks!
JO
John
Last Friday I caught the end of Look East West and Julie presented the weather in the Cambridge studio, the first time I’ve seen the weather broadcast live there. Quickly switched to East and Alex was forecasting in Norwich. I wonder if this was a one off?
WA
watchingtv
And confuse things more, a first I think a LIVE forecast from John Hammond

MW
Mike W
And confuse things more, a first I think a LIVE forecast from John Hammond

On Look East? He's done live weather in the studio for Midlands Today
LL
Not surprised as John's company Weather Trending provide services for the BBC. At the same time, his business partner Sara Thornton was on BBC London.

Newer posts