« Topics
Inspector Sands14,483 posts since 25 Aug 2004
As that article mentions its ancillary staff too, not just journalists. No point broadcast journalists turning up for work if there's no gallery crew, editors or MCR staff.

Presumably those working for companies like Red Bee and Arqiva are key workers too though whether they distinguish between those who only work on a non essential channel or not I don't know. The BBC sent out emails to all staff who are classed as key workers for school attendance
Omnipresent266 posts since 25 Jul 2012
London London
The BBC special was good. The story was clearly embargoed well in advance so there'd been plenty of time to prepare, which is when the BBC does well.

On a related note, Baroness Chakrabarti has not improved her terrible webcam set-up from Newsnight last week.
watchingtv2,331 posts since 6 Mar 2010
Anglia (East) Look East

My contribution is small but you are welcome.
chevron and London Lite gave kudos
Brekkie33,854 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
The BBC special was good. The story was clearly embargoed well in advance so there'd been plenty of time to prepare, which is when the BBC does well.

On a related note, Baroness Chakrabarti has not improved her terrible webcam set-up from Newsnight last week.

Do wonder how many people are permitted to know of such embargoes. Sure I've seen documentaries about some in the past where it might only be the newsreader and a producer or even more senior member, and even then the newsreader may only learn the detail just before it airs.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
London Lite11,275 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Now that we are in lockdown, is there any need for weather forecasters? We can get weather news online if key workers need it for travelling.

It has been a complaint from some viewers in France that feel that the forecast is pointless. However I don't see any issue with knowing what it's like outside.
Brekkie gave kudos
WW Update5,071 posts since 6 Feb 2007
Now that we are in lockdown, is there any need for weather forecasters? We can get weather news online if key workers need it for travelling.

But people still need the forecast to know if they'll be able to go for their daily walk (which is still allowed) or, say, water their garden.
Last edited by WW Update on 24 March 2020 2:33am
Brekkie and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
nbafan89166 posts since 12 Apr 2014

Ugh, that felt over-written.

but neccessary in these unprecedented times, I will certianly not be going back to Southend until further notice
Brekkie gave kudos