The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mapperuo
Matt Hancock has just been Burleyed! Well and truly.

I must have listened to a different interview, seemed quite timid for Kay.
RN
Rolling News
What's wrong with that?

Nothing, if she's presenting a daytime topical chat show or even her own regular programme. But it doesn't comply with News Channel standards.

But all very trivial In the current grand scheme of things.
NE
Newsroom
What's wrong with that?

Nothing, if she's presenting a daytime topical chat show or even her own regular programme. But it doesn't comply with News Channel standards.

Just sounded a bit out of place, odd. I mean, it's as if we're all going to start tweeting her how we're all doing. Very Happy
Ittr and Rolling News gave kudos
NE
Newsroom
Into week 2 of this revised output, NC and BBC World appear to be simulcasting the first 30 mins and utilising a mix of presenters. Geeta taken over from VD at 11am.
IS
Inspector Sands
What's wrong with that?

Yes, very picky.

In the circumstances its a perfectly fine thing to say. Probably nice and reassuring for a lot of viewers at home who are anxious and worried, it brings a bit of human niceness into the news.

It's a very radio thing to do, but that's why radio is such a companion to many
AndrewPSSP, Brekkie and JosiahStuart gave kudos
ST
Stuart
What's wrong with that?

Yes, very picky.

In the circumstances its a perfectly fine thing to say. Probably nice and reassuring for a lot of viewers at home who are anxious and worried, it brings a bit of human niceness into the news.

It's a very radio thing to do, but that's why radio is such a companion to many

I think we've already seen many news and topical programmes end with the message "stay safe", so I don't think this is out of place at all.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Victoria Derbyshire opened the 9am bulletin with 'Hello, good morning, HOW ARE YOU. The headlines.... Shocked

Won’t somebody please think of the children?!!

It’s a bit informal but I think there are far bigger issues.

Derbyshire still can't change her radio delivery style, but I agree in the grander scale of things that it isn't a major issue currently.
ST
Steve Founding member
I think she's been brilliant on the News Channel in E. She's warm, friendly and authoritative plus connects with the audience (real people, not those of us who frequent forums like this Wink ). Not everyone can like everyone's style, but on a 24-hour channel there's always going to be room for different styles (life would be v dull otherwise).
NE
News96
Perhaps this is where were going to end up when this pandemic has blown over and the next round of cuts kick in i.e Victoria in E 9:00-11:00 In a rolling news format before Newsroom Live takes over as normal.
IT
Ittr
Bloody autocollect !!! Geez......😜

Looks like auto correct has done it again...
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Perhaps this is where were going to end up when this pandemic has blown over and the next round of cuts kick in i.e Victoria in E 9:00-11:00 In a rolling news format before Newsroom Live takes over as normal.

Seems most likely, shame Annita McVeigh will lose her slot though
NE
Newsroom

Seems most likely, shame Annita McVeigh will lose her slot though

Of course she won't, she'll just appear less. Victoria Derbyshire won't displace someone like Annita or anyone else. We're only on week 2 of the revised programming.

Newer posts