TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
Parker
Interesting to see just how much ITV stuff is made using BBC Studioworks facilities now, but they need new stickers on the studio doors at Elstree Smile
Toasty603 and DeMarkay gave kudos
IT
itvblocks
The Bradley Walsh undercover was brilliant.
Toasty603 and DeMarkay gave kudos
RH
richard h
I thought they did very well

Initially I thought the opening segment was very lackluster with a few mums getting given flowers but then when the second part came that was brilliant

The Bradley Walsh undercover was good and worth the long teased wait. When they pressed that button I thought it was going to set the fire alarm off not fake blow up part of the set. Bradley didn't see too worried though just standing there in shock and the way his face changed when he realised what was going on. Great. Like others have said I was also interested that he has a chair and table round the side of the set and seeing where the chaser waits behind the scenes with the crew

I thought it was clever how they used the sound board to play the usual audience noises

The honoured was a bit better this week
NG
noggin Founding member
Interesting to see just how much ITV stuff is made using BBC Studioworks facilities now, but they need new stickers on the studio doors at Elstree Smile

If you want to make shows in London - the 7 studios that BBC Studioworks still have spread across three sites (TV Centre, Elstree Film and BBC Elstree) are going to be high up the list of places you will be using. (There are others - but not that many)
JO
Johnr
The Undercover segment works so much better when Ant and Dec are behind the scenes and only appear at the end

The period when they used to turn up in quite poor makeup and pretty much gave away the game away straight away with their more than obvious Geordie accent it didn’t really work

I can genuinely believe Bradders was completely oblivious to what was going on, he would have been in his ‘hosting an episode of The Chase’ autopilot mode
itvblocks and MagicPaddy gave kudos
PA
Parker

If you want to make shows in London - the 7 studios that BBC Studioworks still have spread across three sites (TV Centre, Elstree Film and BBC Elstree) are going to be high up the list of places you will be using. (There are others - but not that many)

What a shame that there wasn't a centre of studios in a big ring with all the facilities built around them....... Zipper Laughing
BR
Brekkie

What a shame that there wasn't a centre of studios in a big ring with all the facilities built around them....... Zipper Laughing

At the moment it is probably better they are spread as they are. 1 out of 3 at TVC is already out of action.
AN
Andrew Founding member
A trailer for SNT just aired

It’s basically going to be the finale of Men in Brown along with a load of best bits
CK
Ckck1704
Johnr posted:
The episode is on ITV Hub but they've chopped off the End Of The Show Show part

Interestingly, they've left in all references to The End of the Show Show throughout the programme, including Rob Brydon's (many) mentions of it, and the little interview they did with Anne-Marie (part two) where they referred to wanting to karate-ify her upcoming performance, so they've not really done a very good job of editing it.
They didn't even bother to stick the credits on the end of the penultimate section. It just cuts off after Rob says they'll be back in a few minutes with Anne-Marie. Confused
Very poor job all round, really. Hardly going to go unnoticed to somebody who didn't hear about the situation and went to watch it on ITV Hub.

On that note, i watched the episode and it seems the eotss is back on, but with the rising sun flags edited out so they look like plain white headbands. It all makes sence again
AS
Asa Admin
I wasn't sure I'd ever see Takeaway do anything more surreal than when Dec presented it on his own, but there we go. It was a great episode, seemed like a proper team spirit with the crew. With limited resources why not chase Bradley Walsh around the studio seating! Laughing

The walk down the stairs, the shouting back, getting the crew involved. The end of the show was a great touch with the clips (+1 for getting them to film in landscape) too. Those places on the plane feel like months ago!

A highlights show this weekend makes sense, a good idea if they got it in the can before last week's show. They've got loads of material from over the years, seeing some of the earlier stuff would be nice. End it with something upbeat like when they did Let's Get Ready To Rumble and you're onto a winner.
SW
Steve Williams
Asa posted:
I wasn't sure I'd ever see Takeaway do anything more surreal than when Dec presented it on his own, but there we go. It was a great episode, seemed like a proper team spirit with the crew. With limited resources why not chase Bradley Walsh around the studio seating! Laughing

I did enjoy it, some great stuff in there, but I'm looking forward to next year when we can get a full, uninterrupted series of Takeaway for the first time since 2017.
SC
Score
Asa posted:

I did enjoy it, some great stuff in there, but I'm looking forward to next year when we can get a full, uninterrupted series of Takeaway for the first time since 2017.

Yes, between one thing and another they’ve had some very bad luck to not be able to air a full series for three years in a row. Just when things seemed back to normal the virus came along! They’ve coped admirably though, last week’s show was brilliant given the circumstances.

Newer posts