« Topics
Brekkie33,926 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Only caught a bit this morning with Dan and two guests spread out on the sofa so have they opted to go single anchored for now (due to both social distancing and potential self isolation) or was Louise on location (or hosting from home?)
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Custard56 (previously Jay Lee) 657 posts since 7 Apr 2015
London
I notice they're no longer panning out when they cut away for the regional news, instead playing the orange sting. Presumably because a panning out shot doesn't look as good with the distance between the presenters?

On a side note, are the new London and South East regional bulletins just for Breakfast, or throughout the day?
thegeek5,370 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
I notice they're no longer panning out when they cut away for the regional news, instead playing the orange sting. Presumably because a panning out shot doesn't look as good with the distance between the presenters?

perhaps there are fewer camera operators in the studio?
Brekkie gave kudos
Stuart7,488 posts since 13 Oct 2003
Westcountry Spotlight

On a side note, are the new London and South East regional bulletins just for Breakfast, or throughout the day?

They are still using the wide shot at the TOTH/BOTH, but it looks rather odd as the distance between them is exaggerated by the wide-angle lens (or whatever method they use to make the image closer to the camera appear larger).

BBC London & BBC South East have been doing a joint bulletin (from Tunbridge Wells) since Saturday, presumably to reduce the need to require staffing Studio D at NBH.
Custard56 gave kudos