The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Coronavirus special on bbc world news took the bbc one feed as News Channel had the person providing a sign language service.

I would also like to apologise for the above post these are serious time and in these times where’s it’s a life and death situation I think many people won’t care of the branding, my message to you wherever you are to stay safe and listen to the advice and stay home.
IN
Independent
ALV posted:
I didn't manage to watch WN yesterday but do WN still simulcast the NC feed when NC is doing the national bulletins with BBC One?

They simulcasted the News at Ten. The only story was the pandemic except for the sports near the end of the bulletin.
PS
psi123
I live in Indiana and for some reason am receiving BBC World News unblocked on Directv from when I came home from work Friday. Hoping they unblocked it because of the crisis and it's not a mistake as I begin teleworking Monday and have enjoyed the much calmer and measured bulletins over the weekend.
BR
Brekkie
ALV posted:
I didn't manage to watch WN yesterday but do WN still simulcast the NC feed when NC is doing the national bulletins with BBC One?

They simulcasted the News at Ten. The only story was the pandemic except for the sports near the end of the bulletin.

What sport?
IN
Independent
ALV posted:

What sport?

They went to the BBC Sport centre. Whether any actual games mentioned, I'm not sure. The only story read by the sports presenter I can remember was the US Athletics asking the IOC to not hold the 2020 Olympics this summer. I don't really care much for sports. Very Happy
JF
JF World News
Katty Kay & Christian Fraser with their producer have launched an independent podcast 'Life in Lockdown'.

https://katharinekay.podbean.com/
AF
Affi_85
We got world news America’s in the UK at 9pm UK time this evening. I flicked over at the half hour to a bbc world news feed and noticed they got world news America’s again.
Does this mean that it’s shown twice on bbc world news in the same
Hour or did we in the UK get our own version? I noticed when I switched to the world feed on the half hour, they were starting the programme again and it wasn’t a continuation of the first half hour.
CI
cityprod
We got world news America’s in the UK at 9pm UK time this evening. I flicked over at the half hour to a bbc world news feed and noticed they got world news America’s again.
Hour or did we in the UK get our own version? I noticed when I switched to the world feed on the half hour, they were starting the programme again and it wasn’t a continuation of the first half hour.

I think you'll find BBC News Channel and BBC World News are currently simulcasting 24/7.
AF
Affi_85
I think you will find they aren’t. Bbc news channel currently doing “your questions” world news America’s on bbc world news hence my question.

I think you'll find BBC News Channel and BBC World News are currently simulcasting 24/7.
MI
TheMike

Not quite 24/7

During some hours the :30 section is different, as was the case at 21:30 GMT.

To answer Affi_85, World News America does indeed consist of 2x26 minute shows within the hour. Normally World News America goes out at 2200 UK time, but because of the time anomaly in March, it's an hour earlier until we change our clocks this weekend.
AF
Affi_85
Thank you! I wonder why they do it is as separate programmes rather than a full hour. How bizarre! Understood about daylight savings which is why we are seeing if

Not quite 24/7

To answer Affi_85, World News America does indeed consist of 2x26 minute shows within the hour. Normally World News America goes out at 2200 UK time, but because of the time anomaly in March, it's an hour earlier until we change our clocks this weekend.
MI
TheMike
Thank you! I wonder why they do it is as separate programmes rather than a full hour. How bizarre! Understood about daylight savings which is why we are seeing if

Not quite 24/7

It is a bit strange - however from November to early March, the second edition of World News America (22:30 UK) is replaced on the Asia-Pacific feed of BBC World News by Asia Business Report and Sport Today. (These editions are shown on the Europe feed at 22:30 GMT Mid-March & post-October clock change until first weekend of November and 23:30 BST for the duration of UK daylight saving when they don't overlap with World News America.).

The North America feed shows a repeat of the second edition during the evening local time, replacing a later edition of Asia Business Report.

Newer posts