TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Virtual Substitute Events

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Some sports and websites are going to attempt live streaming of E Sports equivalents and also lectures and teaching in the intermission

Here’s Some

Add others as you find them.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Last night Tottenham's Sessingon and West Ham's Antonio streamed a FIFA match at the same time the two clubs were originally supposed to play in the Premier League. Lots of that sort of thing going on, plus teams who were supposed to play each other playing Twitter Connect 4 with each other, club official accounts "live-tweeting" classic matches in real time as if they were happening today. Anything to get through the lack of fixtures!
VM
VMPhil
Sorry, do we need a separate thread for this? None of these are even on TV. I doubt The Sport Thread will be too busy for the foreseeable!
DV
DVB Cornwall
I thought it'd be a useful resource for people to add events that were happening to divert their attention - a relief. The Space stuff is highly likely to end up on the iPlayer by the end of the month, anyway.
VM
VMPhil
Fair enough.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Sorry, do we need a separate thread for this? None of these are even on TV. I doubt The Sport Thread will be too busy for the foreseeable!

it can "be" on TV if you Chromecast it, or play YouTube videos on your TV... Wink

*ducks for cover*
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Indeed, I watched Leeds United thrash Luton 3-0 on FIFA and the Facebook video app only crashed my firestick once during the entire game.
BR
Brekkie
Bet365 have a load of virtual sports going on. Really don't get how they're allowed to have people bet on those when the outcome could be manipulated.
HC
Hatton Cross
'could be mainipulated'?
Are mainipulated.

Look at the results of the bookies own 100+ odd races per day virtual horseracing as seen in all the shops, and tell me how many 2/1favs (or shorter) come home in first place?

In the real world - nearly 40% on average over the year. In the virtual world - None.
VM
VMPhil

it can "be" on TV if you Chromecast it, or play YouTube videos on your TV... Wink

*ducks for cover*

I meant on TV channels, not online. As in, it would be noteworthy if Sky Sports were now showing it as a replacement rather than it just being on YouTube like it would have been anyway.
HC
Hatton Cross
According to my EPG Sky Sports F1 are showing the virtual Bahrain GP tonight from 8pm.

That must indicate that the feed must be going through FOM tv at Biggin Hill then.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Virtual GP going out on ME and Mix too.

Newer posts