« Topics
Rich Tea690 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
Bad taste or an opportunity to learn from history?

It's a good programme which I watched originally but I thought it was dubious taste that someone thought placing this show back in the schedule right at this point in time on BBC4 recently was appropriate. Although the premise of the show was rather prescient.

Contagion: The BBC Four Pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059y0p1
Last edited by Rich Tea on 22 March 2020 2:03am
TIGHazard705 posts since 3 Jan 2014
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

It's a good programme which I watched originally but I thought it was dubious taste that someone thought placing this show back in the schedule right at this point in time on BBC4 recently was appropriate. Although the premise of the show was rather prescient.

Isn't the data from the pandemic app used in the programme helping plan the current government response?
welshkid gave kudos
Inspector Sands14,483 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Has it been mentioned here how they are changing BBC Local Radio

All stations are doing fixed length 4 hour shows 6-10, 10-2, 2-6, 6-10 & then the late Show 10-1. This basically means no early breakfast, one less daytime show, and also changes to the evening output.

Yep and also removing double headed presenting. Overnight local radio and 5 Live will carry Radio London's overnight shows, which were going to be axed soon but seem to have had a reprieve. One of them is Dotun Adubeyo who already does 5 Live overnight at weekends

Presumably the idea behind the standardised schedule is to make it easier to share programmes should one station not be able to broadcast one because of staff shortages
thegeek5,361 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
That looks like it was a bit of a late call - they were tweeting as normal yesterday.

fanoftv8,288 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
They’ve been asking for viewers interaction all week even up to yesterday through social media. The decision won’t have come easy for them. With the epicentre being London it is clear that they want to limit the risk to everyone.

How will this affect other live broadcasts going forward?
Inspector Sands14,483 posts since 25 Aug 2004

They showed this a few weeks ago too, again as a schedule change. Seemed and still does seem a perfectly logical programme to put on
Brekkie gave kudos
thegeek5,361 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
Tim’s tweet would imply that it must have been down to a lack of staff. On the Last Leg they mentioned having to use different staff to stand in where others were absent. It’s going to be a tricky few months ahead.

of course there are plenty of freelancers across the broadcast industry who are now suddenly free, so while there could be a shortage of usual staff, there may be stand-ins available.
dosxuk gave kudos