« Topics
Rkolsen3,161 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
CNN and Fox News have been doing a pushback today showing the number of cases of COVID-19 and the change in the last 24 hours. CNN is showing worldwide totals and US totals while Fox News is only showing US totals.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
noggin14,768 posts since 26 Jun 2001
Watching the ARD Tagesschau earlier. In addition to using microphones on long poles when interviewing people, they appear to have covered their microphones in what looks like a plastic bag or clingfilm!

Yes - to avoid 'splatter' (which is a prime Covid-19 infection route) being left on the wind shields I'd expect. Lots of broadcasters are doing this for their mics on location too.
TheMike gave kudos
AlexS839 posts since 19 Oct 2016
Central (East) Midlands Today
Should the BBC really be sending London based presenters up to Salford on public transport to present Breakfast in the current climate?
With there being very little sport at the moment I'd have thought they'd have the resources to move some people around so the senior NWT people could cover breakfast with some of the senior sports presenters covering on NWT.
Last edited by AlexS on 21 March 2020 11:03pm - 2 times in total
Brekkie gave kudos
lhx1985264 posts since 23 Apr 2015
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Watching the ARD Tagesschau earlier. In addition to using microphones on long poles when interviewing people, they appear to have covered their microphones in what looks like a plastic bag or clingfilm!

Yes - to avoid 'splatter' (which is a prime Covid-19 infection route) being left on the wind shields I'd expect. Lots of broadcasters are doing this for their mics on location too.

Yes, I notice that Spain's TVE has had their mics wrapped in cling film for most of the last week.
All the main channels, La 1, TVE2, 24horas, Antena 3, Cuatro, Telecino, La Sexta and even the regionals and locals (such as TVCanaria and Lancelot) have permenant on-screen instructions to "Quédate en casa" (Stay at home).
Rkolsen3,161 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
With COVID-19 forcing the shutdown for a second weekend of the CBS Broadcast Center the network has relied on their owned stations and local talent to anchor the weekend news. Last weekend the broadcast originated from the CBS Broadcast Center is Los Angeles, specifically the KCAL-9 set (as the KCBS set was used for the broadcast right beforehand). On Saturday it originated from KTVT their station based Fort Worth, TX (serving the Dallas-Fort Worth DMA).

Here's the open and close of the broadcast:

Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
WW Update gave kudos
m_in_m1,717 posts since 22 Apr 2006
Anglia (East) Look East
Should the BBC really be sending London based presenters up to Salford on public transport to present Breakfast in the current climate?

How do you know they are?

Ben Thompson tweeted that he was on the train yesterday evening himself.

I was a tad surprise that he was because he presented the Business news from the DTL point in the Business Unit of NBH on Friday.
Markymark7,790 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
How do you know they are?

I was a tad surprise that he was because he presented the Business news from the DTL point in the Business Unit of NBH on Friday.

On Thursday Fergus Walsh was in Salford
for Breakfast, and back in NBH that evening. I do find it odd he is backwards and forwards between the two sites, when there's absolutely no need to be
Brekkie gave kudos
JamesWorldNews8,810 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News

for Breakfast, and back in NBH that evening. I do find it odd he is backwards and forwards between the two sites, when there's absolutely no need to be

It’s easy for Fergus. Remember, he works for BBC News 25. He can, therefore, cram more than most into a day, Mark.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
m_in_m1,717 posts since 22 Apr 2006
Anglia (East) Look East

Yes he seems to do the Wednesday evening BBC News special and then logically Breakfast the next day. I'm surprise they don't do it DTL and perhaps next week they will.