« Topics
what314 posts since 11 Mar 2018
HTV West Points West
Either way, TV channels need to do better than sticking with endless Bargain Hunt type shows like BBC One seem to be doing. Existing viewer demographics are out of the window.

Absolutely. This needs to be shouted loud and clear. All the old certainties and dynamics are crumbling before our eyes in horrifically rapid fashion and the major TV channels, especially BBC, need to urgently start reflecting this with their broadcasting output.

Oh, and I'm going to shout this loud and clear - FOR A START THEY SHOULD NOT INSULT THE MILLIONS OF OVER 75'S WITH A PROMISE NOT TO ROB THEM OF THEIR FREE TV LICENCE FOR A MERE 8 WEEKS MORE FROM JUNE TO AUGUST AND CANCEL IT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

CBBC+CBeebies £92

Wow. is the Beeb really that strapped for cash???
London Lite, AndrewPSSP and 3 others
  • Ash101
  • TVMan
  • natwel27
gave kudos
bkman19901,527 posts since 29 Jan 2012
UTV Newsline
I only found this news tonight. Both RTÉ & The National Lottery in Ireland had taken a decision yesterday to cancel the remaining 7 episodes of Winning Streak on RTÉ One until further notice. All of the current ticket holders who had been selected to take part in tonight's episode have been contacted for their chance to play on the show during the week. The players will appear on the show when the circumstances from this virus have been stopped on word of the health authorities.

https://www.lottery.ie/scratch-cards/winning-streak

RTÉ One currently has a repeat of Daniel & Majella's USA Road Trip being broadcast at the moment.

I also heard tonight that an RTÉ staff member has been officially diagnosed with Covid-19. I hope to god that I will not get it in the future. I have 3 RTÉ staff members that live near me at the minute in Dublin. One of them in my housing estate lives only four houses down from me with his wife. Think of the pressure to deal with for me on that one. I, along with 3 other elderly ladies with underlying conditions, live right across the estate from him. It has the potential to be a recipe for disaster if that **** hits the fan.

I wish everyone well in the meantime. I hope you guys don't get it for your sakes.

It could be a terrifying experience for you if you're one of the unlucky ones. Keep that in mind as you go through this difficult period.

Stay well & stay safe. Wink
Last edited by bkman1990 on 21 March 2020 9:13pm
Brekkie33,926 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
It is bloody scary and none of us know what to do for the best. Hopefully as long as you've not been in close contact with your neighbour (who may not have been in contact with the staff member concerned) you should all be fine.

I've just had to come to the rationalisation if I do get it (or more critically, if one of my elderly parents get it) you can't be thinking of who or where you might have picked up the infection from.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
bkman1990, Rich Tea and 2 others
  • mediaman2007
  • FanOfTV99
gave kudos
Brekkie33,926 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Next Saturday on BBC1:
Homes Under the Hammer replaces Football Focus (at the moment)

Madly Madagascar, Madagascar and Brave air late afternoon/early evening, whilst two episodes of Extras (S02E02, S02E05) air in place of MOTD. Odd they're switching from Fleabag (which airs the first two eps tonight) to random episodes of Extras - they really should run both in full.

However suspect that will change a bit just as this weeks did - is a bit of panic scheduling at play I think.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Gallunach186 posts since 17 Apr 2005

However suspect that will change a bit just as this weeks did - is a bit of panic scheduling at play I think.

Probably .They still appear not to have scheduled the 2nd part of the "New Tricks" that they showed last Thursday
Rich Tea711 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East

Oh, and I'm going to shout this loud and clear - FOR A START THEY SHOULD NOT INSULT THE MILLIONS OF OVER 75'S WITH A PROMISE NOT TO ROB THEM OF THEIR FREE TV LICENCE FOR A MERE 8 WEEKS MORE FROM JUNE TO AUGUST AND CANCEL IT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

The government should be doing that of course, not the BBC

Quite right, my mistake of course. Nobody should be fooled by how the buck was passed.
Last edited by Rich Tea on 21 March 2020 11:03pm
mat76 and Jon gave kudos
Gallunach186 posts since 17 Apr 2005
Someone at More4 forgot to update the EPG tonight .

It was still listing the programme about the Black Death but was actually showing a programme about Helicopter Medics
Andrew14,287 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Has it been mentioned here how they are changing BBC Local Radio

All stations are doing fixed length 4 hour shows 6-10, 10-2, 2-6, 6-10 & then the late Show 10-1. This basically means no early breakfast, one less daytime show, and also changes to the evening output.

On national radio, from last Thursday, 1xtra started simulcasting Newsbeat with Radio 1 at breakfast time (they already do during the rest of the day), and the Asian Network also started taking Newsbeat all day as well, rather than having their own news service.
Brekkie gave kudos