« Topics
Brekkie33,848 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
It really was what we needed. Think Epic Gameshow, which I assume is replacing SNT in a couple of weeks, will come at the right time too and benefit hugely from the current situation. Alan Carr is usually pretty funny, the shows are all comfortably familar and AFAIK the BBC haven't really got anything in the can to rival it, unless Michael McIntyre has already recorded a spring series.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
RDJ gave kudos
JKDerry2,454 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
It really was what we needed. Think Epic Gameshow, which I assume is replacing SNT in a couple of weeks, will come at the right time too and benefit hugely from the current situation. Alan Carr is usually pretty funny, the shows are all comfortably familar and AFAIK the BBC haven't really got anything in the can to rival it, unless Michael McIntyre has already recorded a spring series.

I enjoyed watching Take your Pick and Strike it Lucky on Challenge, it will be interesting to see what Alan Carr brings to those game shows.
Andrew14,245 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

The BBC have got the Little Mix fronted talent show coming up this sprinb
DavidWhitfield766 posts since 16 Oct 2013
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
In For A Penny Live was very very close to the kind of purposefully rubbish/low rent games they used to do on BGMT. I thought it was excellent. Very entertaining.

I thought they struck it just right tonight. Poked gentle fun at the lack of an audience but generally behaved as usual.

Some very welcome escapism. Loved it.
Guess who's big in the back time.
Brekkie gave kudos
fanoftv8,288 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I echo everybody’s comments on here. I’d say that this was the best episode of the series, it was different with no audience, but bar the applause and cheering I didn’t miss them having one all that much. The use of the studio was brilliant, especially for the chase part of In For A Penny.

The boys and all of the guests put on a great show at a time when the nation needs it the most. I’d say that Ant & Dec seemed calm and a lot more relaxed similar to their appearances on Extra Camp & More Talent’s live shows.

The use of technology allowed them to do all of the brilliant things that they usually do without many faults at all, however I can understand why they’re making it the last live show. To think of the situation that the country is in tonight compared to a week ago is staggering, I’m sure that the producers are all thinking that it could become worse in the next 7 days. It wouldn’t seem right IF we ended up in a locked down situation and the show went out live.
Brekkie and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
noggin14,761 posts since 26 Jun 2001
I’m sure that the producers are all thinking that it could become worse in the next 7 days. It wouldn’t seem right IF we ended up in a locked down situation and the show went out live.

If London is locked down - I doubt they would have been able to make it at all.