The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
I thought it was bad enough when Sky's Lisa Holland interviewed two people in her VT from their windows the other day.
KE
kernow
South Today are currently showing a pan regional bulletin, including Oxfordshire
BA
Ballyboy
Same for look east
IS
Inspector Sands

This was Mark Easton's approach to vox pops last night. You'd think maybe just don't bother with them...

As a visual aid it's great, it gets the idea across ad is silly enough to be memorable
AN
Andrew Founding member
I think a lot of this on screen theatre falls into this categoy, to put it in people’s minds. For example how much safer in reality are Dan and Louise sitting very slightly apart, but it makes people think.
LL
Channel Islands News still had their sub-opt late bulletin.
WW
WW Update
In France, France 2 and Franceinfo TV aired a joint morning program from Franceinfo's studios:

LL
In France, France 2 and Franceinfo TV aired a joint morning program from Franceinfo's studios:

TéléMatin viewers on social media who are used to more fluffy features aren't happy about the changes to what is basically a simulcast of Franceinfo's breakfast news programme with the branding tagged on.
RK
Rkolsen
Very rare day at NBC News with a planned NBC News / MSNBC simulcast "NBC News Special Report: Coronavirus Pandemic", which aired on both networks Thursday night at 10pm. In the history of MSNBC I cannot remember a planned simulcast, and simulcasts in general are extremely rare - such as a typical breaking news "special report" where something occurs overnight or on the weekends.

This show originated from the MSNBC side of studio 3A and surprisingly used the MSNBC graphics package - the only difference was the logo on the side of the screen. I am sure the show will appear online shortly.

Here is the simulcasted open and close. I have no idea why the text was messed up at the beginning.

NL
Ne1L C
I think when memoirs and textbooks about TV are written in the future there will be a hell of a lot about how technology played a part in this.
NL
Ne1L C
Probably already noted but BBC Look North (Leeds) is now being helmed by one presenter in this case Amanda Walker.

Amanda Harper.

Whoops Embarassed
AS
AlexS
World seems to currently be simulcasting the NC with Geeta Guru Murthy (didn't realise that the headline straps could display different branding on the 2 channels).

Newer posts