Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Definitely pre recorded otherwise Peter would have done the content warning rather than the slightly awkward way Trish had to do it.
IS
Inspector Sands
And really, why would they do it any other way? Not worth getting him to pop into the South Bank several times in the same weekend to do them live

The clip used in its last night IIRC was from his first announcement that weekend which started 'yes this really is LWT'
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 15 March 2020 3:59pm
NT
NorthTonight
Very rare clip of Star Turn Challenge from the late seventies. First time I’ve ever seen anything from this on YouTube. Includes John Noakes, Bernard Cribbins and Derek Griffiths.

https://youtu.be/mA4DYinQ6FE
IS
Inspector Sands
Talking of LWT closedowns, here's 40 minutes of them:

Si-Co and London Lite gave kudos
BU
buster
19:24"if you're wondering why we don't appear in-vision after midnight on Sundays.."
That was clearly a thing then, despite the jokey answer. I wonder why? Cost due to the lower audience?
TM
ToasterMan
I wonder if this bit of "continuity" from the BBC Four documentary Children's TV on Trial: The Kids' Verdict was a mere recreation, as Clangers premiered the Sunday after colour broadcasting came to BBC One, which at that point, the mirror globe ident was introduced. Not to mention: the continuity announcer sounds rather flat with his delivery. (33:43)
NW
nwtv2003
AndrewPSSP, Anglialad and Inspector Sands gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
Might as well add this here ...

SD will be the default YT stream quality for the foreseeable future ...
No indication as to whether HD/4K will still be selectable.

LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm still able to stream up to 2160p at the moment on YouTube.
JA
JAS84
Yes, well, maybe that's because of Brexit? They said they were restricting it in the European Union - which no longer includes the UK!

Incidentally, I thought 1080p was the highest setting...
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Incidentally, I thought 1080p was the highest setting...

Only if the source was HD quality in the first place. If it was uploaded higher or at 4k you can play back in 4k. If you have the bandwidth.
TM
ToasterMan
The final CBBC One link before the September 2001 refresh the following Monday, one of the last links to be shot in 4:3, before they switched to 16:9 the next week and Ana Boutler's last day; truly the end of an era for Children's BBC:

Newer posts