The Newsroom

London Live

announce News presenters (December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member

I see also Cloudbass did the BBC NYE Fireworks coverage. That's been Arena's gig for a number of years until now.

Arena did the New Year's Eve Craig David concert (along with MixBus for the sound), but the fireworks is a separate gig and has been Cloudbass for a couple of years now I think.

78 days later

TV
TVGBs
I see LL are as impactful and as relevant as always in a time of crisis in one of the world's most influential cities?
SD
SuperDave
With theatres now closed, what the hell are they going to fill London Live ‘News’ with?
MI
TheMike
With theatres now closed, what the hell are they going to fill London Live ‘News’ with?

Dunno. Perhaps do a story or two about a virus outbreak?
BR
Brekkie
Dread to think how appalling that That's TV coverage is, though skyping in the news shows from home is probably a step up for them.
JA
JAS84
Wouldn't surprise me if they just stopped doing their news. They simulcast another channel for most of the day - can see that being made a 24/7 arrangement.
BR
Brekkie
Sadly suspect it's true. If Local TV had worked they'd probably at least be able to do a national programme across their own networks (Made/That's), but I think they'll just flick the switch and claim they had too rather than acting as a local PSB.
LO
Londoner
Thought I'd check out tonight's bulletin.

I see it's now branded as 'News at Six'.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Thought I'd check out tonight's bulletin.

I see it's now branded as 'News at Six'.

was there any useful news in it?
LO
Londoner
It was not too bad actually. I missed the opening titles so didn’t catch the name of the presenter, but he was better than many of the people they’ve had fronting their bulletins.
SD
SuperDave
No London Live News tonight. 2 episodes of Walks Around Britain instead. The same for the rest of the week.

No Spotlight London either at the weekends.
LO
Londoner
It's certainly true that without any arts events to talk about they would struggle to pad out a whole hour.

Newer posts