TV Home Forum

Loose Women | 21 Years Old - Sept 2020

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Watching that 1994 episode of The Big Breakfast uploaded last week and it honestly felt like just a few years ago.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Watching today, I have to say how much I prefer it without an audience.

I came here to say the same (and I'm glad they've cut out the three crew members whooping and clapping)

Without the show being punctuated with Question Time-esq applause and cheers, it has a more After Dark feel (if anyone gets that reference). It's all about the conversation and not playing to a crowd.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Watching today, I have to say how much I prefer it without an audience.

I came here to say the same (and I'm glad they've cut out the three crew members whooping and clapping)

Without the show being punctuated with Question Time-esq applause and cheers, it has a more After Dark feel (if anyone gets that reference). It's all about the conversation and not playing to a crowd.

Agreed! Enjoying it immensely without the audience.

Perhaps a good move in future would be to only have an audience on “Fab Fridays”, as they call them.

It’s actually nice to hear the conversation and interesting discussions.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I wonder why they're not just keeping the Lorraine set struck to minimise the amount of staff required to travel in?
DM
DeMarkay
I wonder why they're not just keeping the Lorraine set struck to minimise the amount of staff required to travel in?

That would be a different feel to the show but a welcome change.
JW
JamesWorldNews

That would be a different feel to the show but a welcome change.

Yeah. In addition to the reason given, the current set (as much as I actually love it) doesn’t somehow feel right in the new audienceless, “after dark” feel of the show now.

It’s Kaye Adams, Judi Love, Nadia Sawalha and Jane Moore coming up later today. It’s interesting how the dynamics between and within certain panels and panelist configurations also feels much more different without an audience. I’ve seen many of them in a different light this week. And some others who - for all the wrong reasons - stuck out like a sore thumb.

The wonder of television production.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The Lorraine set would also allow for more spaced out seating in the style of last night's Question Time.
RE
Reece24

...replaced with repeats? Odd decision.
BR
Brekkie

...replaced with repeats? Odd decision.

Sensible decision.
IS
Inspector Sands
I suppose the point is to close TC2 and concentrate on TC3. I wonder if that's connected with Sunday Brunch, which comes from TC2 too, being cancelled today?
BR
Brekkie
Was going to say they'd want Peston to go ahead but he is in isolation so that is out for two weeks.
HJ
HJL
Still showing on guides. Wonder what will replace it. Unsurprised.

EDIT: just saw on their official twitter than they are re-running episodes. Will be interesting to see how far back these go.

Newer posts