TV Home Forum

Coronavirus | Schedule Changes

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
The Government News Conference is being carried on Sky Sports NEWS.
BR
Brekkie
On reflection maybe the BBC could in the circumstances extend Breakfast every day until 1000 on BBC ONE moving across the Derbyshire/News/Politics segment from BBC TWO to BBC ONE. So BBC ONE would run from 0600 - 1340 with news programming. BBC TWO taking the displaced BBC ONE content plus a filler from 0900-0915. There's an argument for running a news block on BBC ONE with the News Channel's 5pm simulcasting. The News Channel could run a World Simulcast from 0830-1000 to cover world developments.

No, splitting it between 1 & 2 makes most sense and gives a more balanced schedule.
DV
DVB Cornwall
LL
Larry the Loafer
How long until they dig out the Protect and Survive films?
JO
Jonwo
What is considered a non core show? They can’t simply air nothing but news.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator

Sadly for TVF fans this won't mean a return of the classic 'Pages from Ceefax' to the schedule.

I'm guessing we'll see more documentaries being shown/repeated, as presumably these are less expensive to repeat than dramas and comedies. Presumably 'continuing drama' series such as Doctors, Eastenders, and Casualty might be taken off air, especially if filming has to stop. I'm guessing BBC Two might simulcast even more of the News Channel or World News during the daytime.
JO
Jonwo

Sadly for TVF fans this won't mean a return of the classic 'Pages from Ceefax' to the schedule.

I'm guessing we'll see more documentaries being shown/repeated, as presumably these are less expensive to repeat than dramas and comedies. Presumably 'continuing drama' series such as Doctors, Eastenders, and Casualty might be taken off air, especially if filming has to stop. I'm guessing BBC Two might simulcast even more of the News Channel or World News during the daytime.

I would assume for the time being, dramas and comedies that are already in the can and were due to be aired soon anyway will be shown
NL
Ne1L C
On a slight side note Heart have this about the possibility about episodes of Coronation Street and Emmerdale being rationed:

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-movies/coronation-street/emmerdale-cancelled-coronavirus/
DV
DVB Cornwall
Need to get the programme licensing crews busy for whole series Strictly reruns etc. and indeed a return to peak movies wouldn’t go amiss. I’d hope some imagination will be used.
NL
Ne1L C
I can quite easily see movies earlier on Saturday night making a comeback.
Last edited by Ne1L C on 17 March 2020 2:15pm
TI
TIGHazard
BBC News Special at 3:45, according to the announcer before Five Bedrooms.

Ready Steady Cook moved to 3PM.

https://tvhome.co.uk/bbc-one/2020/03/17/1415
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Tonight's Holby City dropped to accommodate an extended Six O'Clock News and One Show, EastEnders moved up to 8pm and Would I Lie to You filling the gap.

Newer posts