TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Score
Rather than cutting the series short in terms of weeks, I wonder if they might shorten the episodes to 60 minutes or so? Some of the planned features surely won’t be doable and some of the Florida stuff is recorded while they’re out there so they might already be low on material as it’s unlikely they’ll be able to record the equivalent over here.
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
At this point they should just burn off all the pre-recorded material on the next episode and then end the season there.

Of course Ant & Dec are at their best on I’m a Celeb when there is no audience. I’m sure they’ve have been planning this for possibility for at least a week.

They could show an edit of the first Bradley Walsh undercover and move the new one towards the end of the show.
Brekkie and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
Looking at how The Tonight Show played out in America, I think the show might actually benefit from A&D playing to the crew similar to what they do in Australia.
IS
Inspector Sands
Looking at how The Tonight Show played out in America, I think the show might actually benefit from A&D playing to the crew similar to what they do in Australia.

Problem is that unlike the late night shows in the US they're not really telling jokes as much as presenting. It's not quite the same

Plus those late night shows have a massive number of staff, and a smaller studio.

They'll get by and it'll be entertaining, but it won't be enhanced by not having an audience. Luckily for them they've been doing a lot of NTV style hits so that will be very useful
TO
tomo359
In a weird way, this could be a good thing for SNT as it will make them think outside the box. One problem which a lot of people have discussed in one way or another, is the series can feel quite stale as they rely on the same features all the time. Not having the audience to rely on will mean they will have to think of new features which could potentially then become regular features in the future.

Also segments such as Win the Ads could be done via phone or Skype, and i'm sure they can still do the seat on the plane stuff with hidden cameras in people living rooms like they already do so i'm sure it will end up being a really good episode this Saturday.
Larry the Loafer, fanoftv and Brekkie gave kudos
SJ
sjhoward
Given the Morcambe and Wise comparisons they seem to have been reaching for in recent series, they'll be missing a trick if they don't open Saturday's show with this Wink

RE
Reece24
ITV have confirmed TV Zone's story about SNT going ahead without an audience.
RE
Reece24

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
There could be a big schedule gap the Saturday after next, shortened SNT and The Voice live Semi-Final.

Don't think they would do The Voice without an audience. I wonder if they will bring forward BGT auditions, or delay that until later in the year.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Given the Morcambe and Wise comparisons they seem to have been reaching for in recent series, they'll be missing a trick if they don't open Saturday's show with this Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTAATrM1Fs

Why not go the whole hog and "Not now Arthur!" at the very end Wink
BR
Brekkie
There could be a big schedule gap the Saturday after next, shortened SNT and The Voice live Semi-Final.

Don't think they would do The Voice without an audience. I wonder if they will bring forward BGT auditions, or delay that until later in the year.

The issue The Voice may have is whether judges are in the country (if they're not now they won't be) plus of course the chances of participants self-isolating is rising day after day. For me it's gone from being everyone overreacting about the flu a week ago to now knowing people who are self isolating and knowing off people who have contracted it.
JC
JCB

BGT is another problem down the line. At this point it seems the live finals in May will be in danger.

Newer posts