TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
JAS84 posted:
Maybe it's the real ITV office and they did that to cover up the present day logo?

It's definitely not a real ITV office.
LV
LondonViewer
Some of it is filmed in 200 GIR.
Last edited by LondonViewer on 14 March 2020 12:01pm
JO
Jon
Meanwhile it doesn’t seem clear whether US Millionaire is going ahead without an audience or at all.

Also the US set seems to be an exact replica of the UK version, even down to the screen on the floor something which other versions with elements of the new set design have taken up. It is possibly a bit larger.
AA
Amber Avenger
Buzzerblog seems to be reporting that Ask The Host is replacing Ask The Audience in the new US run that should have started taping last night (only three lifelines not four) so I think the implication is they are pressing ahead without an audience
JO
Josh
I doubt they're replacing ATA with ATH, I'd presume they'd have it in there if they're mimicing the UK format, just a removal of the lifeline.
AA
Amber Avenger
Josh posted:
I doubt they're replacing ATA with ATH, I'd presume they'd have it in there if they're mimicing the UK format, just a removal of the lifeline.

Just reporting what they have said. They followed the UK revival quite closely so they are aware of our changes.
DM
DeMarkay
Josh posted:

Just reporting what they have said. They followed the UK revival quite closely so they are aware of our changes.

They haven’t got a choice really considering it’s being produced by Sony.
AA
Amber Avenger
Josh posted:

Sorry I'm talking about Buzzerblog. But regardless Sony haven't taken all the changes from the UK revival as the milestones are still set at 1k and 32k.
JO
Jon
Josh posted:

I’m pretty sure one of the ABC/Disney companies produces the show under licence. Sony don’t seem so strict on everything being the same hence Hotseat, clock versions and the Super Mix format. I think the decision to go back to following UK look so religiously is probably down to the producer Michael Davies who had success doing this 20 years ago.
GM
Gary McEwan
So Sony are both the production company and also the distributor?

Wasn't it Valleycrest Productions that used to make the programme in the States?
MA
madmusician
Trailer for the WWTBAM drama 'Quiz'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHRXtJoNL28

Ooh, this is clearly based upon the excellent play which was on just under two years ago - my thoughts from having gone to see that are earlier in this thread! Looking forward to seeing the TV version. It will be very interesting to see how it has changed as lots of it was very suited to the theatre idiom and wouldn't really work for a telly drama without much adaptation.
GM
Gary McEwan
Jon posted:

I’m pretty sure one of the ABC/Disney companies produces the show under licence. Sony don’t seem so strict on everything being the same hence Hotseat, clock versions and the Super Mix format. I think the decision to go back to following UK look so religiously is probably down to the producer Michael Davies who had success doing this 20 years ago.

It was DisneyABC Domestic (Buena Vista) and Valleycrest for the syndicated version and the previous earlier Regis revivals I think.

Newer posts