The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
glondon
Studio looks even better for Hala's show!

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer how the studio is used for Newsroom and The Brief. Saw Hala's show tonight and it just seemed too cluttered. Too much stuff in too little space. Maybe it's the huge desk!
That door on the left just next to the big screen is also bothering me - it's not even a nice door!! Just a standard exit.
LO
LivefromORL
Studio looks even better for Hala's show!

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer how the studio is used for Newsroom and The Brief. Saw Hala's show tonight and it just seemed too cluttered. Too much stuff in too little space. Maybe it's the huge desk!
That door on the left just next to the big screen is also bothering me - it's not even a nice door!! Just a standard exit.

I agree with you - this set is a huge upgrade in terms of technology but there are elements that just don’t feel polished. I reckon they’ll settle into things over time. The first graphics used on the last set weren’t the most flattering (think about the previous Newsroom and World Sport looks).

I think if the desk was centered between the pillars and the glass wall to the left this shot would be a little less “messy”. There’s also a fire exit visible above the monitor behind Hala that would be nice if it was hidden.
NE
Newsroom
I wonder when we'll see Amanpour's new set?
BF
BFGArmy
All the shows coming out of the new London studio really do look stunning and they do seem to make good use of the various different backdrops and presentation areas without going over-the-top with it.

They've slightly tweaked the YWT backdrop too with the move to the new studio so it's a bit clearer and it looks all the better for it.
Thankfully for YWT the Trump speech is after their usual slot so they're not being booted off air or pre-empted today.
AF
Affi_85
Has the brief been cancelled? It’s usually on at 10pm Uk time but I’m seeing your world today instead
EX
excel99
No, it's on at 9pm UK time currently because the US has already started daylight savings time. Back to 10pmUK time two weeks on Monday
AF
Affi_85
Strange. I thought they usually stick to European time for continuity of the schedule. I must be mistaken
EX
excel99
They used to keep European weekday primetime fixed to European time, but haven't for a couple of years, apart from Amanpour
NE
Newsroom
CNN’s ‘Conovirus’ Town Hall with no audience is kinda strange though not coming across as odd.

It’s Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta speaking with correspondents and medical espexrts.

Also on Facebook and other channels.
GI
ginnyfan
YWT is using the set in the best way. They were even on the small balcony at the end of first hour but I couldn't cap that.

NZ
nznewser
Good to see the Hong Kong studio in use for CNN Newsroom (9am-11am GMT) today. Anna Coren is a very good news anchor.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Good to see the Hong Kong studio in use for CNN Newsroom (9am-11am GMT) today. Anna Coren is a very good news anchor.

She's currently doing a two-way with Al Goodman who's in Madrid. He was labelled on screen as "Al Goodman - Journalist".

Is he no longer a CNN staffer?

Agree with your comments re Ana. She's a very good presenter.

Newer posts