TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
A shame they didn't stick to filming relatively close to transmission.

Well I guess Clarkson’s schedule rules that out. Plus of course it’s cheaper to get all episodes recoded in a batch.
JK
JKDerry
Jon posted:
A shame they didn't stick to filming relatively close to transmission.

Well I guess Clarkson’s schedule rules that out. Plus of course it’s cheaper to get all episodes recoded in a batch.

Does it really matter if the show is not filmed close to transmission? The Chase, Pointless, Tipping Point are all filmed weeks, even months in advance of transmission.

I remember an episode of Deal or No Deal, around 2009 I think, where Noel took a member of the audience outside of the studio in the car park - the episode was airing in mid December, but the trees where in full leaf, flowers everywhere, and the sun as out, and Noel just said they have a different eco system here in Bristol, which is why in mid December the weather is looking like early August.
BK
bkman1990
I will just put this here. It's the promo for Jimmy Kimmel's Celebrity version of WWTBAM.

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Trailer for the WWTBAM drama 'Quiz'

DW
DavidWhitfield
Lovely attention to detail, even down to the correct era ITV logo being on the office wall.
JA
james-2001
That ITV logo looks to me like it's been superimposed on the footage rather than actually being on the set.
JA
JAS84
Maybe it's the real ITV office and they did that to cover up the present day logo?
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
Maybe it's the real ITV office and they did that to cover up the present day logo?

It actually looks like a gap in the wall for a screen. It probably has been added later but I doubt it was to cover up an existing logo.
JosiahStuart and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
I love how they’ve rebuilt the original set!
MarkT76 and JosiahStuart gave kudos
ID
Identity
Only problem with the set rebuild is the glass floor under Chris and the contestant in this quiz remake is just plain black
MarkT76 and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Only problem with the set rebuild is the glass floor under Chris and the contestant in this quiz remake is just plain black

Yes, I did notice that the triangle cut outs aren’t underneath.
JO
Johnr
So I’m in Amsterdam and the first channel that pops up on the hotel TV...Sony True Entertainment showing WWTBAM

Huh!

Newer posts