TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
The Decision of the Premier League to play this weekend will almost certainly need revising tomorrow, Mikel Arteta Arsenal's Manager being the latest case.
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
If all of the F1 races are cancelled this year. What will happen to the new regulations for the redesigned cars due for 2021?
RD
rdd Founding member
I suspect if anyone ever read the terms and conditions of a sports TV subscription there is probably nothing in there guaranteeing any live sport at all.

Absolutely, but that won’t save Sky from an avalanche of cancellations if there is little or no live sport for an extended period.
DV
The Decision of the Premier League to play this weekend will almost certainly need revising tomorrow, Mikel Arteta Arsenal's Manager being the latest case.

The entire Arsenal first Team squad is now self quarantined.
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
If all of the F1 races are cancelled this year. What will happen to the new regulations for the redesigned cars due for 2021?

That's almost a BM11 level question. I doubt anyone in F1 is even thinking about next year at the moment.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today

I'll bite. Show us anywhere where it says "2021 car regulations do not apply if cars do not run in 2020" in the regulations.
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline

I'll bite. Show us anywhere where it says "2021 car regulations do not apply if cars do not run in 2020" in the regulations.

I should have re-worded that question a little bit differently. I say that it will have no effect for 2021 if that is the case.

I was a little bit concerned to ask this because I heard this evening that places like Iran, Qatar & Bahrain are not doing well to date in getting rid of the Coronavirus because cases are increasing quite rapidly in these places at the moment. This could mean that Bahrain could be the next casualty on the F1 calendar very soon as it's currently failing in it's efforts to get rid of Coronavirus.

There is another concern coming from Singapore as well in that the virus is beginning to spread rapidly again after it's own government have already carried out a trojan amount of work among it's own population to get rid of Coronavirus.
JO
Jon Recently warned Central (West) Midlands Today
Still haven’t really explained your original point.
DV
French Rugby has shutdown.

EDIT

Brighton - Arsenal off (officially now, there’s no way it could have gone ahead anyway)
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 13 March 2020 9:33am
CO
commseng London London
BBC reporting that Formula E is suspended until Berlin in June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/51868419
DV

CO
commseng London London
Now the cricket Sri Lanka v England postponed.
In all my days I have never seen anything affecting world wide sport like this.
I may not work again until next year at this rate.....

Newer posts