TV Home Forum

Sport Relief 2020

Friday 13th March - 7pm (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99
March is here and that means Sport Relief.

This year events are:

The Greatest Dancer - Sport Relief Special

Line Of Duty

Clash Of The Channels

Killing Steve (from Corrie)

BBC Two are do the usual "Let's put something on with Sport Relief branding on" and will be showing A Question Of Sport Relief.

I feel like the BBC are not caring about these telethons anymore like for the past couple of years.

Back then, they went all out for Comic Relief and Sport Relief and Children In Need by making newsreaders sing the timewarp or bringing back The Weakest Link for one night only.
BR
Brekkie
"Just £2 will buy a family in Woking a four pack of toilet roll" Laughing
AN
Andrew Founding member
In my opinion I’m not sure Sport Relief really needs the all night telethon. Two BBC telethons every single year is a bit much.

Who is presenting it this year?
HJ
HJL
Gary Lineker and Paddy McGuinness will return to host the main show, joined by new faces Oti Mabuse, Emma Willis, Alex Scott, Tom Allen, Maya Jama and Rylan Clark-Neal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11149278/when-is-sport-relief-2020-date-tv-channel-line-up-how-to-get-involved/amp/
IS
Inspector Sands
I thought they'd axed Sport Relief and there wasn't going to be another one?
JO
Jon
I’m glad Rylan’s finally getting some work.
JA
james-2001
Jon posted:
I’m glad Rylan’s finally getting some work.

He's been sorely absent from TV recently.
JO
Jon
I thought they'd axed Sport Relief and there wasn't going to be another one?

That was only ever a rumour.
JC
JCB
I feel like the BBC are not caring about these telethons anymore like for the past couple of years.

it's more Comic Relief changing strategies than the BBC not caring. I read an article last year about Comic Relief being in the process of reinventing itself to have a year round presence and be less reliant on the annual telethons.
SW
Steve Williams

Back then, they went all out for Comic Relief and Sport Relief and Children In Need by making newsreaders sing the timewarp or bringing back The Weakest Link for one night only.

How is a couple of newsreaders doing a dance going "all out" and filming special editions of Line of Duty and Killing Eve, two of the BBC's biggest shows, not?
CO
commseng
Hyperbole.
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Such as a drab goalless football match is a clash of the titans or part of Super xxxday.
Nobody talks anything down in a promo.
BR
Brekkie
Where is Sport Relief due to come from tomorrow?

Newer posts