« Topics
Brekkie33,849 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Although the titles look cheap I don't think it's the lack of TV Centre that's the issue - the big problem is they're just too short. As annoying as the crowd clapping and whooping over the titles can be I think a show like Takeaway needs it just to build the show up a bit before the show starts - just having the titles then into the show as they did on Saturday just didn't give it the build up it requires. It is a show that requires an introduction.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
fanoftv gave kudos
Andrew14,245 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Although the titles look cheap I don't think it's the lack of TV Centre that's the issue - the big problem is they're just too short. As annoying as the crowd clapping and whooping over the titles can be I think a show like Takeaway needs it just to build the show up a bit before the show starts - just having the titles then into the show as they did on Saturday just didn't give it the build up it requires. It is a show that requires an introduction.

I agree, it was particularly noticeable last Saturday as there was no pre titles sketch, so within about 10 seconds we’d gone from the ident straight into a live performance
Rory and Ash101 gave kudos
Andrew14,245 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

3 things to come out of this video

It’s good to see how much they know about TV

It’s a shame Ant and Dec never appear on any game shows, I’m surprised Mulhern hasn’t managed to get them on Catchphrase at least.

Thirdly, maybe Ant and Dec could host a Telly Addicts style game show. They like following in Noel Edmonds footsteps of course.
JKDerry2,454 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3_a79SH1R4

3 things to come out of this video

It’s good to see how much they know about TV

It’s a shame Ant and Dec never appear on any game shows, I’m surprised Mulhern hasn’t managed to get them on Catchphrase at least.

Thirdly, maybe Ant and Dec could host a Telly Addicts style game show. They like following in Noel Edmonds footsteps of course.

I would really enjoy seeing Telly Addicts back with Ant and Dec, a good Saturday night show for the summer maybe?
rob7,708 posts since 7 Apr 2001
Meridian (South) South Today

Ant and Dec were contestants on Telly Addicts in 1997 when the format was butchered for the final series.
TV Live / Podcasts
Charlie Wells3,859 posts since 26 Nov 2003 Moderator
Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Ant really chucked a camera to the camera man and nearly broke it - was that a fake camera?

I'm not sure he nearly broke it, the cut away shot suggests it actually broke. During the opening number there appeared to be footage from both cameras. Gregg's comment suggests it wasn't set up, or at least he didn't know it was going to happen. Who knew that if you threw a camera it might break. Rolling Eyes

I thought tonight was meant to be the Undercover featuring Bradley Walsh, however it looks like there's another Get Out of My Ear tonight instead.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer