Mass Media & Technology

Disney+ UK Launch Date Confirmed

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
That sort of thing happens far too often anyway, sadly, older logos replaced with newer ones, or ones of successor companies. Try to find a Paramount produced TV show with a Paramount logo on the end any more rather than a CBS one for example, or the 70s striped Warner Brothers logo.
PL
Plektrum Central (East) East Midlands Today
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-and-disney-announce-new-multi-year-deal-for-disney-+
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
and does this sort out some anxiety ....

AS
Ash101
Is it likely that The Simpsons only now being confirmed followed some sort of add-on to the SkyQ deal linked above?
JA
The negotiators have probably been hard at work behind the scenes. Would have been a lot easier of Disney had bought Sky rather than Comcast Razz

As long as the 4:3 versions are on there once it finally appears, otherwise it may as well not be on there at all. Same if they don't have any of seasons 1-10, the show was barely worth watching after that point, suprised it's kept going for 20 years since then.

No word if it's going to be available on Virgin media either, so I've gone and bought a Roku box in case it doesn't appear.
Last edited by james-2001 on 3 March 2020 12:30pm - 2 times in total
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight

NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
It’s confirmed!

steve
steviegTVreturns
London Lite and Sh1ruba gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Wonder if when films are remastered or re-released the Fox name will be removed from them too in an attempted whitewash?

Mousewash?
JA
Wonder if when films are remastered or re-released the Fox name will be removed from them too in an attempted whitewash?

Mousewash?

LN
LondonNewsBites London London
Will the Disney kids channels be on Disney+?

Oh and another thing :

Its a good show!
JA
There's no live channel streaming on Disney+ in the US, so I presume there won't be here too. Though pretty much everything currently shown by the various Disney channels is on D+ anyway.

One thing I'm wondering is if the content that's on DisneyLife that isn't on Disney+ in the US will make it to the UK Disney+?

I'm hoping for more vintage content to appear on there as time goes on, but we'll have to see what happens there. Would love to see lots of the old 50s/60s Disneyland anthology content appear on there, used to be on the UK Disney Channel in its early days. Various bits are scattered across the DVDs and blu-rays of various films (and there's been some DVD releases of episodes in the US, but not here).
JA
They've put out a list of what will be available at launch:

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/disney-uk-launch-titles-revealed/

It's missing a few shows which are on the US version, which is annoying... a couple of those were a fair amount of what I was looking forward to watching! Hopefully they turn up quickly.

Newer posts