TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February!

JO
Johnr
The episode is on ITV Hub but they've chopped off the End Of The Show Show part
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Johnr posted:

Interestingly, they've left in all references to The End of the Show Show throughout the programme, including Rob Brydon's (many) mentions of it, and the little interview they did with Anne-Marie (part two) where they referred to wanting to karate-ify her upcoming performance, so they've not really done a very good job of editing it.
They didn't even bother to stick the credits on the end of the penultimate section. It just cuts off after Rob says they'll be back in a few minutes with Anne-Marie. Confused
Very poor job all round, really. Hardly going to go unnoticed to somebody who didn't hear about the situation and went to watch it on ITV Hub.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 1 March 2020 10:17pm - 5 times in total
Guess who's big in the back time!
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Sometimes people are genuinely offended. Sometimes people choose to be offended.

Anne Marie refers to a lack of education for the error, but there is also a lack of education as to why it isn't offensive.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Johnr posted:

Interestingly, they've left in all references to The End of the Show Show throughout the programme, including Rob Brydon's (many) mentions of it, and the little interview they did with Anne-Marie (part two) where they referred to wanting to karate-ify her upcoming performance, so they've not really done a very good job of editing it.
They didn't even bother to stick the titles on the end of the penultimate section. It just cuts off after Rob says they'll be back in a few minutes with Anne-Marie. Confused
Very poor job all round, really. Hardly going to go unnoticed to somebody who didn't hear about the situation and went to watch it on ITV Hub.

Why on earth would they do all the things you were suggesting?
An element of the performance is what has caused offence, not every mention that there would be a performance
bilky asko and gottago gave kudos
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Quote:
Very poor job all round, really.

They've had less than 24 hours and it's a weekend.
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
Quote:

I'd agree but when you look at how swiftly iPlayer makes its programmes available, it makes the others look slow.
PF
PFMC84 UTV Newsline
And iPlayer makes its programmes available in HD or UHD where available. ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are all rubbish SD quality.
DO
dosxuk Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Quote:

I'd agree but when you look at how swiftly iPlayer makes its programmes available, it makes the others look slow.

I think the point is not the time to make a programme available, but to make a series of edits to hide the existence of the end of the show or to edit out the offending material, and then put that edited version up.
SH
Sh1ruba Central (West) Midlands Today
Sometimes people are genuinely offended. Sometimes people choose to be offended.

Anne Marie refers to a lack of education for the error, but there is also a lack of education as to why it isn't offensive.

Actually it is offensive to the Koreans who had to suffer during the Second World War.

They had to suffer under Japanese rule and the women were subject to abuse, sexual abuse included so it seems darker than you may think, hence why they want this symbol banned at the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo.
JO
Joe

Funnily enough it seems as if you’re saying people should choose to not be offended.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I think he's saying that some people saw the programme, understood the context and legitimately found it offensive.

Other people are jumping on a bandwagon and feeling offended because they think they should be.

And it certainly is possible to choose not to be offended - to understand that it was an unfortunate/careless mistake rather than a deliberate attempt to cause offence and accept the offered apologies.
Write that down in your copybook now.
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

Actually it is offensive to the Koreans who had to suffer during the Second World War.

They had to suffer under Japanese rule and the women were subject to abuse, sexual abuse included so it seems darker than you may think, hence why they want this symbol banned at the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

It's offensive to British PoWs too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33931660

When I was at uni, my ex navy landlord refused to buy anything Japanese, and frowend upon anything Japanese 'under his roof' which given the amount of kit I had in my bedsit, was impossible to comply with!

Newer posts