The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JF World News
Yesterday Katty and Christian were live in Capitol Hill - so I assume some last minute issues with Beyond 100 days and no one in the studio as a standby

Odd normally OB has a standby presenter

23 days later

SC
scottishtv Founding member
Four years on, and the way they frame the presenters on Newsday is still bugging me...

Surely no-one can think this looks good..?
DE
deejay
A key component of Newsday’s original look was text keyed on on the left of the screen in London, and the right for Singapore. Hence the offset shot. For various reasons the text isn’t used as much as it was but the offset shot is still used because both studios use it.
Ittr, SuperSajuuk and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
GI
ginnyfan
That whole standing set up in London has been terrible since day 1. Standing next to the desk like that is silly and the background and graphics look amateurish.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
For various reasons the text isn’t used as much as it was

Presumably "we realised it looks crap" is chief amongst those reasons? Smile
HA
harshy Founding member
That whole standing set up in London has been terrible since day 1. Standing next to the desk like that is silly and the background and graphics look amateurish.

Agreed it needs a new concept it just looks silly as you say.
VM
VMPhil
For various reasons the text isn’t used as much as it was

Presumably "we realised it looks crap" is chief amongst those reasons? Smile

This made me laugh more than I was expecting.
JF
JF World News
chris posted:
I think the original idea behind GMT was that it started at 12noon GMT and was supposedly anchored around that timezone being midway through the day in Europe and at the start of the day in the US.

Yes they used to open the programme with “it’s midday in London, 7am in New York and X o’clock TOP STORY LOCATION”.

It is a bit odd the way the programme changes studio half way through - and it looks much better in B IMO.

Also acted as the midday news on BBC Two as well
LL
London Lite Founding member
Politics London seems to be a slot for World presenters to cover on a regular basis. Samantha Simmonds, Alpa Patel (ex WN) and now Geeta Guru-Murthy have presented the regional political show since it launched in January.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Politics London seems to be a slot for World presenters to cover on a regular basis. Samantha Simmonds, Alpa Patel (ex WN) and now Geeta Guru-Murthy have presented the regional political show since it launched in January.

Ellie Price, BBC political journalist, also presented since the relaunch.
AS
AlexS

Ellie Price, BBC political journalist, also presented since the relaunch.

Think Susanna Mendoca did the second episode as well.
JF
JF World News
Katty Kay & Christian Fraser are presenting an Election Special Wednesday from midnight until 6am on BBC One, BBC News Channel & BBC World News

Newer posts