The Gallery

Mix of 1999 and 2019 style Look North intro mock

If it's correct, I'm good! (February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DW
DavidWhitfield
Some comments here are unhelpful and rather insulting, which there's no need for.

I like the idea of using the shape of the region somewhere within the branding but see if you can play around with different ideas in order to find a way of incorporating it in a more visually appealing way. The black text gets a bit lost on the red so think about its usability.

I understand why you've used the modern BBC News logo while using Gill for the 'Look North' text as you were taking inspiration from old branding which would have used Gill, though if you want to keep it looking consistent, it may be better to use BBC Reith for the 'Look North'.

I am sure if you take some time to play around with ideas, you'll find this is able to improve.
NL
Ne1L C
Well said re the comments.
Last edited by Ne1L C on 27 February 2020 4:00pm
BA
Ballyboy
If you need a map svg files are good
DO
dosxuk
I agree, this was rushed, I know you can do better, if you got after effects give that a shot and take your time on it, but most importantly think what your gonna recreate first

After Effects won't rescue this car crash. It's a bit like telling someone to use autocad to design their knife when they've got as far as drawing a spoon on a napkin.

Calling it a car crash isn't going to help matters.

No more than suggesting after effects will fix it.
CU
Curto21
Well it looks like the BBC cuts have been taken to new heights
NL
Ne1L C

After Effects won't rescue this car crash. It's a bit like telling someone to use autocad to design their knife when they've got as far as drawing a spoon on a napkin.

Calling it a car crash isn't going to help matters.

No more than suggesting after effects will fix it.

I agree that it needs work and that after effects won’t fix it hence my previous post about learning how to use what tools are available. What I meant referring to your car crash remark was that it could be considered a harsh remark. Blakeisahere is a newbie on this forum and like myself is experimenting and looking for advice. To refer to his attempt as a car crash isn’t helpful at all. It’s not you giving your opinion that I’m against it’s what you said.
Last edited by Ne1L C on 28 February 2020 7:49am
DM
DeMarkay
Jesus, you people are vile. A new member being berated at his first attempt at a mock. If none of you can offer constructive and decent feedback, don’t comment at all.

The majority of you commenting still haven’t posted a mock up or contributed anything to the gallery, that isn’t to say that you cannot comment but I’d like to see you try.

BlakeIsHere, I’m so sorry for the treatment you’ve received.

TV Forum really has turned into DS.
BA
Ballyboy
blakeishere, before I had after effects I did my bbc news mocks on paint and they turned out ok, it’s a great way to start
OW
Owen_ploc
Jesus, you people are vile. A new member being berated at his first attempt at a mock. If none of you can offer constructive and decent feedback, don’t comment at all.

Easy for you to say... cough
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If you post something in the Gallery and get upset that we don't think its the best thing since sliced bread, then it probably isn't and you should be prepared for people not liking your work. If you're not prepared to be told that your work is crap then you probably shouldn't be posting. Simple as.
HA
harshy Founding member
I am sorry but it’s pants.
JO
Josh
If you're going to make a comment like you have, you should at least give some constructive criticism so they can improve.

I like the idea you're trying to get across but the components don't match each other. For example, you have the 2019 News logo but you're using Gill Sans for the Look North text.
I think that a background other than white (maybe the custard beige that they used?) will help it. Just make sure that you change the Look North text colour accordingly.

I think this has potential and I believe in you. Just ignore the unhelpful comments and try your hardest!

Newer posts