« Topics
BM11
London London
To be honest whoever is selected might not get to perform in Rotterdam as I am not sure if the contest will go ahead due to Cornovirus.
gottago2,996 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
I’m going with John Newman.

A song of his, possibly our Eurovision entry, has surfaced this afternoon. It’s called ‘One Last Breath’.

And here is that song: https://www.youradio.cz/artists/james-newman

Worth checking out ESC Forum, it's like the Masked Singer clues on there at the moment! This poster reckons it's this song because the artwork for that song matches a poster the BBC have previously put up.

http://www.escforum.net/forum/showthread.php?35146-United-Kingdom-2020&p=6162600&viewfull=1#post6162600
BM11
London London
Not a bad song but as its 28 seconds short something is missing from it.
Not probably a song destined to achieve better than what Blue got through.
And heavily hyping the brother of someone famous is a bit weird.
BM11
London London
To be honest whoever is selected might not get to perform in Rotterdam as I am not sure if the contest will go ahead due to Cornovirus.

We're doomed,doomed I tells ya.

It's not until May so hopefully the virus could be contained by then

Plus there are currently no cases confirmed by the hosts over in the Netherlands.

DVB Cornwall9,185 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
The UK Entry for Eurovision 2020 is

James Newman - My Last Breath

Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 27 February 2020 9:42am
tightrope781,164 posts since 29 Dec 2005
UTV Newsline
Decent song and he seems a lovely guy. Worried by his obvious lack of live performing experience, there was a lot of chat on the Ken Bruce interview about the warm-up 'gigs' and getting the experience. That's a worry.

The song was only written last month. Makes you wonder what the process at BMG was? All the hype about having a whole roster of artists to pick from yet the song is only a few weeks old! Also, didn't the BBC talk about our great chances at Eurovision at the turn of the year? Were James and his team only approached after they failed to secure any other artist? Makes you wonder at what point the BBC was presented with the song and was it a fait acompli?
Rich Tea gave kudos