The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Not a fan of soundbites being included in the headlines but ITV just included a clip of a man saying "we don't know what happened" for a story where we do know what happened.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Ranvir at Ten. Very long day for her, having started on GMB at 6am.
DO
dosxuk
Ranvir at Ten. Very long day for her, having started on GMB at 6am.

Or been to bed and up again. Plenty of longer shifts around in the entertainment industry too.
BR
Brekkie
Can't help but think Ranvir suddenly appearing on the Ten and when Lucrezia does the Evening News that they were originally destined for Alastair.

I'd have thought Nina would be the main beneficiary in Alastair's departure now she isn't tied to London in the evenings but if anything since leaving London Tonight she seems to have been on the main evening bulletins less.
Last edited by Brekkie on 26 February 2020 11:34pm
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Nina is presenting ITV's Budget Coverage

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week11/itv-news-special-chancellors-budget
CH
chris
Can't help but think Ranvir suddenly appearing on the Ten and when Lucrezia does the Evening News that they were originally destined for Alastair.

I'd have thought Nina would be the main beneficiary in Alastair's departure now she isn't tied to London in the evenings but if anything since leaving London Tonight she seems to have been on the main evening bulletins less.

RTS....
MA
Macalolo
chris posted:

RTS....

And don’t forget Nina’s gig is lunchtime - for consistency if the presenter of their show is available then surely it’s better to keep them where they are and cover from elsewhere. Otherwise you’d have Mary cover NaT, Nina at 6:30 and whoever else on LN.
FO
FOX35
Does Ranvir work for or contracted to ITV Studios (Daytime/GMB) or ITN? She did also have her own show a while back, Real Stories, which I assumed was an ITN production?
JK
JKDerry
Ranvir can have two separate contracts - one with ITV Breakfast Broadcasting Limited or ITV Studios who make Good Morning Britain and another one with ITN for her work on ITV News.
BE
Benjamin1
Ranvir won’t be ITN staff. Would be better to have Lucrezia on London only during the week for consistency and is she adequate enough for the 6.30 gig already? The former entertainment reporter for London?
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Ranvir won’t be ITN staff. Would be better to have Lucrezia on London only during the week for consistency and is she adequate enough for the 6.30 gig already? The former entertainment reporter for London?

Isn't that how Katie Derham started? It shouldn't matter what her former roles are if she's up to the job. I've only seen her on Lunchtime and Weekend bulletins and she's more than capable on those.
MA
Macalolo

She’s come a long way since those days. She’s clear, consistent and IMO relays just the right level of warmth for a national news presenter. Nina for example coming across quite hard while Charlene can sometimes be too soft

Newer posts