TV Home Forum

ITV announces new weekend shows

Breakfast at Garraway’s and Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best (February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Will these shows be at 9:25 or within the Breakfast slot at 8:25 is a Question.

Eventually something will stick. You’d assume people might be bored of Saturday Kitchen Live or Sunday Brunch by now, or maybe they will just watch those shows forever.

Sounds like they're for the breakfast slot now Garraway is confirmed on Saturdays. Seems 9.25 survives at the weekend too - probably makes more sense moving these to 9am than Lorraine in the week.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Yep these shows are all so bland, safe and interchangeable.

Why not mix it up a bit and try something a bit more current affairs, topical and newsy.
VM
VMPhil

Why not mix it up a bit and try something a bit more current affairs, topical and newsy.

You mean if they had something like Peston's show, but on Sunday? Imagine that.
Ash101, fanoftv and Brekkie gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

No I don't mean that. I mean something like The Wright Stuff or Jeremy Vine.
BR
Brekkie

No I don't mean that. I mean something like The Wright Stuff or Jeremy Vine.

God no - leave that sort of thing to C5. They are truly awful shows.

I do think though surely these have more value to ITV at 9.25 than at 8.30, and they can't be ticking any PSB box for ITV Breakfast.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I wonder how long it will be until ITV realises it owns The Big Breakfast format and brings it to weekend mornings.
Larry the Loafer and DeMarkay gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I wonder how long it will be until ITV realises it owns The Big Breakfast format and brings it to weekend mornings.

Sadly if they did half the show would be about cooking breakfast.
Whataday, FanOfTV99 and DeMarkay gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Sadly if they did half the show would be about cooking breakfast.

<incoherent rant about something while bacon is burnt to a crisp>
<incoherent rant about something else while eggs cook, yolk dries up and underside burns>
<incoherent rant about something else while sausages increasingly turn from pink to brown to black>
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Breakfast at Garraway's confirmed to start at 8:30
VM
VMPhil
Breakfast at Garraway's confirmed to start at 8:30

Sounds great, is everyone here invited?
AA
Aaron_2015
I wonder if Kate Garraway’s new show is off the back of increased popularity from a successful jungle stint, or if she’s slowly being ‘moved on’ from GMB to pre-recorded weekend shows (a bit like Aled Jones and Weekend).
BA
Ballyboy
does that mean scrambled gets the chop?, thought it was quite a good programme, quite like Sam Homewood

Newer posts